Topic: R/W/U Ally Std - Need suggestions

http://deckbox.org/sets/1296971

So I have 63 Cards in my deck 21-Land and 42-Nonland:
I'm thinking I should take out the 2 Serene Steward, and then 1 Land but not sure which land or if Serene Steward is the best option.

Thoughts and opinions please?

Last edited by GeekMagicWarp (2016-02-18 16:43:42)

Re: R/W/U Ally Std - Need suggestions

Decided to take out one of the Holdout Settlement along with Resupply, and Expedition Envoy.
Trying to run this tomorrow at FNM.

Thoughts and Opinions still welcome. smile

I feel if you're going to do an Ally deck you need a higher density of Allies.   I also notice you're only running cards from the two most current sets.   There are many support cards that could help out quite a bit.

I would give similar advice as I gave with your colorless deck.  Find cards that do what you want them to and make them 4 ofs in the deck. 

The first card I would get rid of is Lavastep Raider.  I don't see much benefit to him other than he's a 1 drop. 

Basically figure out what you want the deck to do and choose cards that make it consistently do that.

My biggest concern here is creatures. You have no mana acceleration of any kind, yet only 11 creatures below the 4-spot, and of those, only the Reflector Mage really gives a benefit beyond being a base creature (until you have more mana or can equip creatures and have them die). I would look for more creature value early, whether beefier things or those with more immediate or less expensive abilities. You need to be able to last until you can make use of your creatures, since there is no other way to defeat an opponent with the deck.