Topic: No trading...?

Is this common now? I used to do some trading a long time ago, but now it's way harder. People just don't answer. I propose a lot of trades, and don't get an answer 90% of the time, even though I now they've seen it. It usually goes like this:

• I propose a trade, and leave a nice friendly message;

• One day later I see they've seen my message, so I wait another day;

• Still no answer back, so I leave another message;

• A day later they read it, I wait another day, still no answer;

• I ask them if they are just not interested, and that they can just cancel it;

• They read it, no answer, I cancel them.

Heck, sometimes I even see their country and ask them in their languages if they speak english. Still nothing. Is this common nowadays? In my last 15 trades, I think I didn't get an answer in more than 5, and I only completed one of them. I'm really looking for some cards to use in my FNM's, but I simply can't get them sad

Re: No trading...?

Ill be honest, this definitely becoming more and more common. It is really annoying. When I first started trading I would do 5 or 6 trades a months easy, but now I struggle getting anyone to respond. That is why I have moved to using Pucatrade and Deckbox, to even out the trades and make sure I get what I need

valdor wrote:

Ill be honest, this definitely becoming more and more common. It is really annoying. When I first started trading I would do 5 or 6 trades a months easy, but now I struggle getting anyone to respond. That is why I have moved to using Pucatrade and Deckbox, to even out the trades and make sure I get what I need

It has been really annoying lately. I see they've read the messages every time and they never answer, this happening repeatedly. It only takes a minute to reply, even if it's just a "I'll analyze this when I get home" or something of the sorts. And happening day after day after day? I just want my poor delvers.... ;_;

About Pucatrade, is it really viable? I heard that it is having some problems lately, and that their "market" is about to crash... That's why I haven't started using it.

Update: Suddenly, everyone answers. What king of dark magic is this lol

This is crazy to me. I respond to each trade or cancel it withing 24 hours. I have proposed about 40 trades and haven't gotten a single response. There needs to be a profile feature for response time to stop this crap. Also people aren't leaving me feedback. This is so discouraging that I really think I am done with using Deckbox.

Out of curiosity is it possibly because everyone online now is a complete scumbag ready to rip you off at a moments notice?

mattyice222 wrote:

Out of curiosity is it possibly because everyone online now is a complete scumbag ready to rip you off at a moments notice?

Note to self. Don't trade with you cause you are a scumbag and ready to rip me off at a moment's notice lol. I'm just messing with you. But no, not everyone is crappy to deal with for online trading.

Yeah, I feel like I'm about finished with this site. I propose trades and people log in multiple times, see my messages, and don't respond. I post little "bump / reminder" messages, although always courteous, and still get no response. Not even a "I'm thinking about it."

It's definitely gotten worse, to the point that I often go out and, sadly (for my wallet) buy the cards I need while my trade binder stagnates. Am considering buylisting a decent amount of stuff from my trade binder because it seems unlikely I'll ever trade it on here (and local trading isn't really useful for me, typically).

I don't know what Deckbox can do to encourage people to respond - nothing, really - or filter out those that don't. These are people that log in regularly - daily, often. When proposing trades, I look at the last login date and last completed trade, but that doesn't seem to help.

Deckbox is used more as a tool for tracking collections than it is for trading via deckbox

Often also the trade offers I've been offered are not ones I would take (Standard for Eternal or New reprint dropping in value for foil that is increasing in value)

The pricing system is off also on deckbox. Most traders use TCG mid exclusively for trading. Deckbox has incorrect pricing (everything is slightly inflated, almost at an SCG level)

For trading: FB Groups are the best, usually people are verified as legit much easier through mutual friends and/or reputation from community. Strong anti scam presence too, sure some people get ripped off, but majority of users who trade/buy smart dont get screwed.(DONT EVER BUY ANYTHING OVER $20 WITH PAYPAL GIFT - just pay the 3% fee and stop haggling if you want an item)