Topic: feature request: foil filter in trading opportunities

surely i'm not the only one who doesn't want to waste time going through trading opportunities to find out that 3/4 of the value listed consists of foil cards.

a filter for foils would be nice... and perhaps language as well?

Re: feature request: foil filter in trading opportunities

You are referring to the situation where you are only interested in NON-foil versions for cards and do not wish to see the foils suggested?

Yeah, in my case. I'm assuming some people would like to be able to search for foils only, as an aside. So a filter like the following would be great:

- regular + foil
- foil only
- regular only

I think this should be an option for both the wishlist and the Shopping Assistant. Obviously this doesn't apply to inventory or tradelist. So right now you have 2 of the options beacon mentioned:
- Regular + Foil (don't select the foil criteria)
- Foil Only (if you select the foil criteria)

Just need to add a regular only option.

and a language option as well, please. some of the top trading opportunities for me right now only have cards in Portuguese and Italian on offer. seeing as i'm only interested in English cards, it's not a valid trading opportunity at all and thereby defeats the purpose of the search system.

beacon wrote:

and a language option as well, please

Language works just fine. Just select English for the cards in your wishlist and the trading opportunities will filter em out.

well that's a hassle - what if someone has a wishlist of 2000 cards and he didn't specify the preferred language? what if someone did but has recently decided that Japanese cards are fine too? do they have to go back in and add those 2000 cards again and specify Japanese? that makes no sense at all - we should have a simple language filter.

I don't disagree with that. Maybe some filter settings on the trading opportunities would solve these problems. Idk.

I also would love this feature!

Why has this still not been implemented??!?

beacon wrote:

well that's a hassle - what if someone has a wishlist of 2000 cards and he didn't specify the preferred language? what if someone did but has recently decided that Japanese cards are fine too? do they have to go back in and add those 2000 cards again and specify Japanese? that makes no sense at all - we should have a simple language filter.

For the time being, you can do both of these things in about two minutes with Excel. Export your wishlist as CSV, open with Excel, make the changes and save, then re-import the CSV.

Well, almost two years later and no news.

Meanwhile half of my trading opportunities consist of foils when that's the last thing I'm looking for.

Last edited by beacon (2017-07-26 12:10:32)