Topic: SpikeWhack (Modern B/R Goblins)

Hello, folks. It's been a long time since I've posted here. I'd like your input on my newest Modern deck. I call it SpikeWhack.

I've long been a mono-red goblins player, and those decks served me well. However, mono red had problems with decks like Death's Shadow, and I'd sometimes have problems with cards like Tarmogoyf. By adding black, I unlock two benefits. First, I get Spike Jester (3/1 haste) in the two-drop slot (lending to the name: Spike Jester and eight Bushwhackers), and then I get access to more removal, specifically Fatal Push (main), and Dreadbore (side).

I typically don't run four-drops, but this deck includes two Hazoret the Fervent.  It's nice to have a big, indestructible threat late game in those grindy matches.

I went 2-2 with the deck yesterday at a mid-tier Modern event ($150 prize pool). My two losses were to Death's Shadow, but both were 2-1 and they were close: had my one opponent down to five in game three, and the other I got down to two.  I lost the latter one because I didn't have any two-drops on the board when I needed to pop my ratchet bomb to stop Death's Shadow.

I'd love to take the deck to the next level. I have notes on the deck page. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: SpikeWhack (Modern B/R Goblins)

not much on goblins but what about white for boros charm and other better sideboard cards?