Topic: Card Damaged

Hello everyone I am unsure if this is the right location to post. I have done over 50 trades and never had a card damaged during delivery. However the person I last traded with did not secure the top portion of the top loader and the card got damaged during transition. How do I address this as I am not fine with receiving a damaged card that was suppose to be NM.

Thank you in advanced

Re: Card Damaged

Isn't step 1 contact the trader and explained what look like happened? I wouldn't be happy either but, you have to give the trader the opportunity to rectify the situation. In the case where they aren't willing to do anything, I would say the most recourse you have is giving bad feedback. Trades in my opinion, are totally based on honor and reputation because there isn't actual commerce happening and unless I am totally misinformed on the situation it would not be worth the headache trying to track down the trader and take some sort of legal action. In short, you were on the short end of a bad trade...

EDIT:

If I were the other trader I would have either offered you the same value to choose from the rest of my inventory, or I'd offer to paypal you the cash value. Is there something more you are looking for?

Last edited by sleepingwolf (2019-03-02 03:04:36)

Not really, I was trying to collect new Shocklands foil, but this one is damaged.

Now you have me nervous as I just ordered one myself!

The trader didnt have post office stamp DO NOT BEND. Also they didnt secure the top portion of the top loader as they are suppose to...

Last edited by algee (2019-03-02 03:34:57)

Yeah, that is really too bad. I could see on a lesser value card it might not be as big of a deal. Still annoying, but, on a valuable card, it's really frustrating. I'd give the trader a week or something to resolve the issue, then name and shame!

I think you need to ask for a return.  most people understand that this is part of shipping cards. 
hopefully this small loss on the seller is a reminder they need to better secure the cards.

I forgot to tape down a card not to long ago, got lucky that it didn't get ruined. the buyer told me about it though and now i'm double checking
more lol.

Lastly if the seller isn't willing to exchange or refund if you send it back then you can request PayPal to a refund and charge back investigation.  they are usually fairly decent at being fair. they will require you to give statement and allow the other party to give statement.

Guy came through with flying colors!!! I highly recommend him!!!