Topic: Creating Decks while adding entire card list to inventory and deck

Hello,

I have been trying for some time to figure out how to add multiple cards to a deck and inventory at the same time.  I know I can add 1 at a time to both or, add them all to the deck and manually add each card, but this is extremely cumbersome.  Am I missing something?  Please assist if you can.  Thank you.

Re: Creating Decks while adding entire card list to inventory and deck

Inventories and decks are completely separate and there isn't a way to add to both at the same time.  Your inventory is cards you own, and a deck list is just that -- you may or may not own the cards for the deck.  Deckbox will tell you if you own the cards to make a given deck, but other than that, it really has nothing to do with your inventory.

If you have a premium account you can mark specific cards as being in given decks, but that doesn't apply to most people, and you still can't add a card to your deck and have it show up in your inventory.  The card must exist in your inventory first before you can mark it as being in a certain deck.

Hey psrex, I understand they are separate entities, however, there IS a way to add cards to both at the same time, 1 at a time, that I have seen and used.  I'm just wondering if there is a way to do multiple at a time.

Hopefully I'm not reanimating a too-long dead thread, but this is the only most applicable result that google gave me, so I wanted to post the solution I found here for future wanderers.

I am just starting to use Deckbox, and have tens of thousands (est) of cards to enter. I would like to be able to enter the cards that are in my decks, but I don't want to individually re-enter those cards into my inventory as well, or vice versa. The best workaround I can figure out is to enter the deck as normal, and then export the decklist as a .CSV using the button at the top of the page. You can then go to your inventory, import the .CSV to add the cards to your inventory.

However, this only inputs the name and quantity of the cards in the deck. You will have to add all of the other information (edition, condition, language, etc.) once the .CSV is uploaded. You can do this by adding and using a filter to your inventory results; I filter by "No Edition Set" because I'm careful to mark the edition of the cards that I manually add to the inventory, and can trust that only the cards imported from the .CSV make it through the filter, and then I can click each card individually to add the ancillary information I want to include.

It's better than nothing, but it's a cumbersome process and pain in the butt. It (barely) beats having to manually enter the cards both places, so I'll probably end up paying for a premium subscription to use the "Add to Deck and Inventory" function.

But if you need a way to do it for free, this is probably as good as it gets. Happy inventorying!