Topic: A few suggestions that would make me fall in love with deckbox

So I am using deckbox, and I really like it.
But there are a few features missing that always make me look for other options, and from what I am seeing on Reddit, facebook groups, I am not the only one.

1. Adding an option to use TCG or MCM/MKM (MCM/MKM is the most important for me since I live in Europe) for fetching prices when displayed.
- This would save me and many other so much time, there are specific tools people have built to try and work around this, but it would save me EXTREME amounts of time to be able to select MCM Trend, or MCM Low, when displaying prices. I know you have your own platform and want to have prices from that, and I understand, but for me, I use your site because it is the best at building my collection, not to trade. smile

2. Trade list, make it possible to take a list of cards, just insert it and match against my have.
- I have quite a big collection, and when trading with people, they can give me a list of, I am looking for these 40 cards to my commander deck, what do you have? Then it takes me quite a long time to check card by card, to give them I have this from this set.
- Work around for this is, adding them all to a deck, and then I can see an okay view, but still a lot of work to see what set they are in. I would like a view where I could see, I have this many of this, in these sets, this quantity, that would make it so much easier.

3. Due to issue #1, I need to often export my collection and try to import it elsewhere, so I built a simple tool myself that modifies things like set name in the CSV list. But this is extremely time consuming, so some more options for exporting a CSV would be helpful. Maybe some pre-designed options, like Delver Lens, it would auto change the set names.

4. Include expansion code when exporting,  option to include colour when exporting would be nice too.

5. Sub-collections, say I bought an entire collection, it would be very nice to create a sub-collection where I put in everything so I can track it, that would help me track the cards value in that collection, how many I have traded off, in which binders (if I dont change binders) they are in. More advance tags.

Number 1, and number 2 together would save me A LOT OF TIME and I am sure it would make deckbox even better smile

Re: A few suggestions that would make me fall in love with deckbox

Deckbox used to have TCG pricing back a number of years.  Once Deckbox started offering a way to sell cards, TCG Player said that Deckbox had to stop using TCG pricing.  I don't think that is going to change.  Using an app like MTG Trades for pricing cards is a pain, but it's what I have to do anyways when I'm at my local store, and it gives an easier to use list of past trades than clicking through Deckbox's log.

#5 has been a frequent request and it would be very popular.

Re: A few suggestions that would make me fall in love with deckbox

Ah then I understand the background for TCG, maybe MCM/MKM would be more okay with it than TCG?
For me, I export my collection, run it through my own program that modifies the CSV file for certain sets, move the csv to my mobile phone, import it into Delver Lens, get a 10% fail rate of cards, and then I can see the price in MCM for 90% or so big_smile this is indeed very time consuming, and when trading a lot it makes it very hard to keep track.

Hmm... if TCG not allowing Deckbox to use their prices is the problem, a solution would be to create a secondary site, which just has one feature.
Let's call the new site a random name, say "money-dash-5".
The only feature of "monkey-dash-5" would be to import a CSV file, and calculate the price depending on MCM/MKM and TCG and show it.
And then deckbox just needs to add a button that says "export to monkey-dash-5" which would create the CSV file and use HTTP POST the file to "monkey-dash-5", and the user could see the value there. smile
Would just be a front with the same calculation logic as before, and parsing the CSV in the same way as Deckbox already does.

So from a developer perspective, it should not be super much work.
Of course, maybe the TCG integration is deleted, and building the MCM/MKM integration would be a lot of work. I have looked a bit at their APIs and they are workable but not super friendly big_smile

Last edited by nesohc (2020-06-24 18:21:13)