Topic: Card Valuations

Is there a possibility we can get integration for TCGPlayer / CardKingdom valuations? I absolutely love this site for maintaining my ever-growing collection, having a quick-reference for my wishlist, and brewing multiple ideas at once - it really does everything I want with one exception - the card valuations.

While they are often close, the deckbox valuations are simply not as accurate to the real-world market value of the cards, which requires me to bounce back and forth between alternate sites for pricing, and I have yet to find a system that isn't overly laborious. This factor is frustrating enough that I have been exploring other alternative that do use these valuations, but I would really hate to migrate to another site when deckbox does 90% of what I need so perfectly, and is so reliably maintained.

If there were some option on what valuation to use (even just for my end) this would make a huge difference to my workflow. Is there a chance of this happening, or is there some reason I am unaware of why these valuations aren't used? Even a third-party plugin may help, but having these market values I go by integrated into the site would make it completely ideal.

Re: Card Valuations

Deckbox used to use TCG Player pricing, but once Deckbox started their own market for selling cards they were told by TCG Player that Deckbox had to stop using TCG pricing.  I have a feeling that any other commercial outfit would react the same. It is annoying, but at least there are great apps out like there like MTG Trades.

Ah I see, thanks for the reply. I was wondering why some other sites like EchoMTG use those valuations, but I suppose it's them not being in direct trading competition. I'm not familiar with MTG Trades, is there some integration with deckbox inventory, or is it just a way to look up prices and manage lists independently?

MTG Trades has no integration with Deckbox.  It just keeps updated prices based on TCG Player.  You can either browse by set, search, or build trades for it to track and evaluate.  You can choose your TCG Player pricing option, whether it is TCG low, TCG low/mid average (my favorite), TCG median or TCG market.  For each card it has a picture, the current Oracle text, and links to any other versions of the card that exist.