Topic: Three-letter set codes when importing CSV

Hey Deckbox, I've finished the process of taking inventory of my collection, and now I'd like to import it into Deckbox. I've played around with some of the csv importing functionality and figured out most of the formatting requirements, but I noticed that some set codes (roughly the ones prior to MRD/Mirrodin, e.g. 7ED/7th Edition) aren't accepted. Is there a reason for this?

As an unrelated point, is there a way for Deckbox to distinguish between foil and nonfoil promos? Specifically, the recent Magicfest Path to Exile, Sol Ring, and Lightning Bolt all have foil and nonfoil versions, but adding the foil tag doesn't affect the price displayed.

Quirks aside, it seems like Deckbox is a great tool and I look forward to making use of it! I'm particularly impressed at the active community and how this forum makes it easy to reach out to admins/experienced users and have my questions answered by humans.

Re: Three-letter set codes when importing CSV

Try using the older set codes for importing. I have not tried it myself, but I would assume they will work.
Originally the sets for the older cards were just 2 letters. It went to 3 from Torment forward. I'm not sure when they went back and changed the old ones, but to this day I still think TE is Tempest and 7E is 7th Edition.

Check this link, the older codes can be found in the parenthesis next to the current codes. https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Set

Pricing is a little wonky on deckbox. There is no finger on the pule of the market so to speak. It is good for an estimate, but not up to the minute reliable. There are things that go on behind the scenes as far as deckbox pricing so something might be out of whack.