Topic: How to deal with inventory, deck ideas, and built decks

I might just be missing some options or features somewhere but I'm trying to figure out how to work with my inventory, deck ideas, and built decks.

From what I can tell, if I have a card listed in my inventory, and listed in a built deck, it still shows as available for a deck idea. Is there a way to not show this? When I'm looking at a new deck idea, I want to be able to know which singles I may need to purchase. That can be hard to figure out if you have 10+ built decks and you don't know if you're using all of your command towers for example.

Another question I had was around deck ideas. When building out a deck idea, is there a way when adding cards to have it just auto select a card you already own? In most cases when deckbuilding I just want to use a card in my inventory regardless of the specific edition.

Re: How to deal with inventory, deck ideas, and built decks

If you just want to see what cards you might need to get for a deck idea, just mark it as a built deck for bit, check it out, and then mark it as a deck idea again.

For the specific cards shown for a deck list, the default always goes to the last major printing unless you have specifically marked the version that is in a deck.  It would be handy if the default was chosen based on your inventory, but computationally I can see why that isn't the case.

psrex wrote:

If you just want to see what cards you might need to get for a deck idea, just mark it as a built deck for bit, check it out, and then mark it as a deck idea again.

I just tried this and I'm not sure I'm being clear enough in what I'm trying to do.

As an example, I have a single copy of Koma, Cosmos Serpent. I have it in my inventory and I have it in a built deck where I'm running it as a commander for commander format. So since it's a built deck and I only have 1 copy of it, I don't have another card to actually put it in another deck if I wanted to. If I now put together a new deck idea and have Koma in that deck idea, it still shows that I have 1 available. If I were using that deck idea as a guide for singles I need to order, I wouldn't order another Koma because it shows I have 1 available even though I don't really have one available. I tried changing the idea to a built deck but it still shows the same.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if there is a setting or option that would make it show zero Koma available in a deck idea since I only have one in my inventory and it's already listed in a built deck.

You also have to make sure under your profile settings that you have unchecked the box that says:

I am sharing cards between built decks

That should do it.  I believe that this box is checked by default.  I know some people share cards between decks, but for me that is the whole purposed of having something marked as a built deck.