Topic: Double masters 2022

Why aren't double masters 2022 cards updated and integrated into tjis site? I can't add thoose cards yet.
For a site that takes a premium i expect cards ready to be registered when they launch.
Is this site dying?

Re: Double masters 2022

Anyone?

Agreed. I left another deckbuilding site because they got really slow about updating card lists. I hope this doesn't happen with this one.
Where is Double Masters 2022?

Thanks for posting this. I was surprised when I couldn't upload my cards from the release draft.
This is why I left my prior collection manager app. Hoping this is an anomaly that gets resolved quickly.

+1, I know it was a holiday week but hopefully this gets added asap.

The New Capenna and Baulder's Gate sets had cards loaded into this database before the official release of the sets.
I recently joined this site because it was highly recommended. I am sitting here with 500+ cards from Double Masters 2022 on my desk that I NEED to get into my inventory.

I honestly would expect this process to be almost completely automated once Wizards posts all of the cards online, so who forgot to click a button last weekend? mad

The amount of entitlement oozing from this thread is astounding and, frankly, disappointing. It's a game, not your bank account or utility bill -- take a chill pill and have a little patience. I'm guessing most, if not all, of you are new 'round these parts, because otherwise you'd know that, while some sets get added to the database as soon as previews are done, others don't get added till post-release. But they ALWAYS get added in a reasonable amount of time. So no, the site is hardly dying.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This site is maintained by a single guy. Honestly, it's impressive that he's able to keep up with it as well as he does! Cut him some slack, especially considering the sheet amount of new printings WotC is increasingly pumping out each year.

• @Bithunter & other premium users -- You're not paying for early or greater access to cards; you're paying for additional features. If you find those features useful, pay for premium, regardless of the speed of set updates, because that doesn't impact the features you're paying for. If you don't feel like supporting a site that's too slow for your instant-gratification needs, then stop paying for premium. It's hardly a necessity for a good experience on here.

• @MitchMizerie -- Unless you're a Deckbox seller, and you're not, you absolutely do NOT "need" to get the cards added on any specific deadline. You "want".

• @MitchMizerie -- I agree that any site built these days should automate this process. Unfortunately, this site was built long before modern web technologies, MTGjson, and other tools that would make automation easy or even possible. And updating the site now to take advantage of such tools would most likely be a huge undertaking, a complete overhaul that would result in tons of bugs that would need to be tracked down. I'm not sure the risk is worth it.

TL;DR -- Stop whining. It's still release weekend. He's not even super late yet.

meldon44 wrote:

The amount of entitlement oozing from this thread is astounding and, frankly, disappointing.
TL;DR -- Stop whining. It's still release weekend. He's not even super late yet.

Well said.

Last edited by slobert (2022-07-09 22:58:02)

I do agree that my first ever post on this forum was a gut reaction from the hip and a bit "band-wagonie". I have been playing MTG for about 1 year and I am excited about my new addiction to MTG. I spent a little over a week uploading my collection into this site after doing research on similar services and talking to several people who recommended deckbox.org. Double Masters 2022 was the first set that I actually purchased an entire box of on release day and was once again super excited to upload all of my cards and get them into my decks. I sincerely apologize to all of the veteran members of this site that may read my above post and react like meldon44 did.

Honestly, my post has nothing to do with entitlement, it is strictly based on the expectations of a paid service. I paid for a product and had no idea what the SLA was that I was entering into. I probably should have researched that before getting into it with random people on the internet. But to be completely honest an SLA should be listed with regards to the updating timelines of site content.

Point forward I will NEVER use this forum as a method of communication with the "staff" of people that run this website... and yes there is verbiage on deckbox.org that does state that it is run by a staff of people, not just one guy. Instead I will simply click the "Support & Feedback" link at the top and communicate directly with the person/people that I am giving my money to.

Once again, my apologies. I shall step away from this conversation, no need to reply.

I've only been here a few months but this is the first time a set hasn't been uploaded to the site very quickly so I figured I'd check out the forums to see if there was an announcement and found...this.

You people are entitled jerks.

That is all.

Double masters coming today.

Site is not dying, you can check the announcements subforum if you'd like to see the regularity of updates.

The imports are not automatable, even though they are and always were done via scripts they need to be tested on local first, adjusted in case of errors, etc. Even so, there are frequently mistakes, see for example the promos I just added last week, one of them is already listed under a separate edition. These mistakes in turn then need to be corrected, paying attention to which printing is adjusted, moved, changed or removed, preferably not messing up the inventory counts for people that already added it to their sets or trades.

If things are too slow or of too low a quality for your expectations, a quick email to support@deckbox.org or ticket, and I refund the premium, no questions asked, I never refused anyone a refund.

Ok. Sorry if i i felt harsh, we live in a world with instant gratification an expectations thereafter, and i did not know you worked alone.
I jus freaked out a little bit because i have used so many hours uploading my library to this site, and was scared i had to start all over on another site.
Quick question, what happens if you get ill or something? Do you have a backup assistant?
Keep up the good work!
Cheers!

sebi wrote:

Double masters coming today.

Thanks, I was able to import.