Topic: Seeking Foil Completion

In order to preserve my sanity for collecting MtG, I've decided on an unorthodox campaign to select sets at random to collect. At this time, I'm primarily focused on non-foil versions. That being said, I would like to one day foil out all the sets (good lord). I figured I'd post here all the sets I now just needs foils for, in case someone can lend any assistance. I will warn that I am very, very picky and am really only looking for copies that appear as close to pack fresh as possible. That doesn't mean they have to be, just that I don't want cards with scratches, dings/dents, noticeable whiting (manufacturer cutting is unavoidable), creasing, etc. I'm most likely to stick to buying these foils but we can certainly talk about a trade, should you see something you want. Even if it's only a single card, every bit helps! I'll be editing this as I slowly start to acquire sets.

Current sets I need:

Alara Reborn
Battlebond
Champions of Kamigawa
Coldsnap
Conspiracy
Conspiracy: Take the Crown
Eighth Edition
Eternal Masters
Future Sight
Iconic Masters
Magic Origins
March of the Machine
Masters 25
Modern Horizons
Modern Masters 2013
Modern Masters 2015
Modern Masters 2017
New Phyrexia
Odyssey
Planeshift
Scars of Mirrodin
Ultimate Masters
Unhinged

Last edited by SengirHellLord (2024-02-19 00:06:55)

Post's attachments

FOIL Battlebond Card List.docx 44.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Seeking Foil Completion

I think I have a grand total of 2 of the foils on your wishlist - that said, hit me up any time if you see anything you need.
Is your wishlist 100% accurate - if not, do you have a list of what you need? I might have some unlisted.

For those of you who haven't traded with him before, SengirHellLord is an awesome trader who's helped me finish a few decks and sets in the past (Including my daughter's eponymous Lilianna deck, which was supposed to be a meme, but OMFG). Trade with confidence, he's a great guy.

~S~

Thanks for the plug haha!

I have external lists of my foil needs. I put up only a select few in the Wishlist since I primarily use that for my non-foil needs. Haven’t tried it yet, but let me see if I can upload any of these Word docs.

Newest set is March of the Machine! I haven't yet uploaded much of anything I need, but there's quite a bit since I didn't do any Collector Boosters this time around. I'm specifically on the hunt for Japanese-printed English cards for this set - nothing printed in the US.  If you're not sure what that means, this site does a pretty good job explaining:

https://tapandsac.com/differences-betwe … ese-prints

If it came from a Draft/Set box, there's a good chance it's Japanese-printed. If it came from a Collector Booster, it's US (and trash lol.) Extended-arts and Halo foils will be unavoidably US, unfortunately, but everything else can be found in Set boosters.

I'd only be looking for things under $1.00 right now, but please hit me up if you're sitting on a bunch of singles in foil and non-foil while I work on updating the Wishlist. Thanks!

Ibdont have much recent wants but I am interested in the textured Liliana if you think we can work a deal