Topic: Custom pricing options (tcgplayer market, low, card kingdom)

With today's update the card pricing information can be set via a preference, between
- Tcgplayer market price
- Tcgplayer low
- Card Kingdom
- Deckbox (this is the one we had until now, that averages various others)

The price used for display and for "total value" calculations can be chosen via a preference (for premium users) from the "Edit Profile & Settings" page, but also via a quick-access dropdown on various price table headers - in inventory, decks, card database, etc.

There will be cards for which some price information is missing - often for tcgplayer low, and for card kingdom, which will need manual fixing from my side to identify what is available from these providers, or what is incorrectly "matched". Switching to the old "deckbox" default for these cards will sometimes provide at least a baseline price.

For european users I will try to add the CardMarket EUR pricing soon as well, and possibly make it default for addresses in the EU. I tried to contact them and get in touch with someone responsible with affiliates & partners but no luck until now via ticket & email, looks like they might be swamped in support (or nobody wants to talk to me big_smile).

As usual, I will be happy to hear about any bug reports, suggestions or issues with this update.

Last edited by sebi (2024-03-14 17:28:25)

Re: Custom pricing options (tcgplayer market, low, card kingdom)

Amazing! Do I see correctly that non-premium users will get TCG Market?

Great update. Can't wait to take advantage of it. Thanks!

Great addition!

Are there any plans for the future to include the Cardmarket trend price for europeans big_smile?

This is a great update!

Question, if not Premium, is the default still set to the Deckbox pricing? Or is it set to TCG Market? Its greyed out for me as TCG Market but just wanted to understand what the Default is.

Thanks as Always!

This is incredible! No wonder my pricing feedback regarding the Ravnica Guild Edition cards were being ignored. You had a WAY better solution in the works coming down the pipeline.

Love this big_smile

Fantastic, thank you

Oh that's quite nice! Thanks much!

Great feature, thank you so much!

shrewder wrote:

Amazing! Do I see correctly that non-premium users will get TCG Market?

Yep.

Are there any plans for the future to include the Cardmarket trend price for europeans big_smile?

Trying to add this soon.

This is an excellent quality-of-life improvement.  Thank you _so_ much for implementing this feature!!!

the refresh rate is daily (rather nightly) i suppose?
Amazing qol improvement anyway. Can't wait to see mkm trend price.

Great update. Thank you for all the hard work

Thanks, really cool update!

Amazing update Sebi, you manage to keep making this incredibly useful site better and better. Count on my premium subscription as long as this site goes and my cardboard addiction continues!

How does this integration deal with card condition in our collections? Only just started looking at this update just now, but noticed a NM Gilded Drake here showing a price for TCG Low that doesn't align with Low for NM on TCG's site, but exactly matches their Low for LP. So, a little curious if there's some fuzzy-matching on condition.

I could be wrong but looked to me like it pulls the prices for tcg low ignoring conditions, but then applies the same % reduction for condition, which means a HP or MP low will undervalue but a NM will be accurate.

To be honest it's not an issue for me as tcg market has the most pricing data and seems stablist to me, but could be confusing if you're using low for price matching

DallasRaines wrote:

I could be wrong but looked to me like it pulls the prices for tcg low ignoring conditions, but then applies the same % reduction for condition, which means a HP or MP low will undervalue but a NM will be accurate.

This is correct. I'm not sure what the "right" way is here. I just have the tcg low and do not know what card condition that "low" is for. Right now it just assumes NM. The only other option here would be to get rid of the "condition adjustment" for tcg low and leave it by default for the other pricing options, but that seems even more confusing.

There are quite a few tokens and promo cards that have no prices being pulled from TCG and are showing N/A as their prices. Even though all these cards can be found on tcgplayer and have market pricing. Is there anyway we can report/update these?

For example:

Bonecrusher Giant promo pack version can be found here: https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/20044 … amp;page=1

Brainstorm - Coldsnap theme deck can be found here: https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/82377 … amp;page=1

Zombie Wizard token from Alara Reborn can be found here: https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/78538 … amp;page=1

Island Foiled from Zendikar #237 can be found here: https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/71485 … amp;page=1

Thanks

sebi wrote:

With today's update the card pricing information can be set via a preference, between
- Tcgplayer market price
- Tcgplayer low
- Card Kingdom
- Deckbox (this is the one we had until now, that averages various others)

Spectacular work as always. Excellent added functionality.

Thank you!!!  This will save me so much time!