Topic: Inventory Adding Editions (Bulk)

I just purchased the premium version of deckbox so I could add "Commander Masters" to my inventory en masse instead of card by card. I am not finding the 4 decks. Or, rather, when I did, it included lotuses (lotesi?) and my Eldrazi/Sliver/Planeswalker/Enchanter Commander Masters decks don't have those.

Could someone help me out? I'm sure it's a noob question, etc. and I may be a re-tard, or a bit tarded-re.

Re: Inventory Adding Editions (Bulk)

Hello,

Sorry about the confusion. We don't sadly support adding premade decks yet. The feature you refer to is used by collectors who collect entire sets (1 of each) or similar.

sebi wrote:

Hello,

Sorry about the confusion. We don't sadly support adding premade decks yet. The feature you refer to is used by collectors who collect entire sets (1 of each) or similar.

Oh, alright then. Bummer. I get it though, not complaining! Resources are limited.

As that is the case, is there a way to build a search query that could target other people who have inventoried premade decks?

And now that I'm thinking about it, if so, is there a way to submit to "Deckbox" a premade deck (were one to invest the time and effort)? That might be handy for you guys.

There was a thread for this, where meldon44 did a lot of hard work of collecting precon information for importing via .csv but they were not updated since the beginning of the year:

https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28865

I'd love to provide some system where deckbox has some of them pre-saved, and for missing ones users can propose them, just didn't find the time.

sebi wrote:

There was a thread for this, where meldon44 did a lot of hard work of collecting precon information for importing via .csv but they were not updated since the beginning of the year:

https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28865

I'd love to provide some system where deckbox has some of them pre-saved, and for missing ones users can propose them, just didn't find the time.

I started adding cards from a precon, clicked on the link for other decks, saw some that were listed as the precon name, exported to .csv, imported into my inventory and many were of the wrong card-type (even though in their list they were the proper card-type).
Could something like what I'm talking about be done via tags? IDK, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Just seems pointless for each of us to input into inventory the same sets over and over.

If it's something you'd like to pursue, hit me up. I do think it'd be a nice feature for paying members to have. Buy a precon, import into inventory. And all the data is there...it's a matter of figuring out how to manage and direct. IDK. I'm not a DB guy.
If not, go ahead and let this thread die on the vine.

Honestly, it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult since the complete lists are published on multiple sites.  We would just need to have that imported/configured one time per deck and then the add complete deck (add to haves / add to trade / etc) could be done in the same way as adding an inventory.

@Sebi, if you created a standard form for it I'm sure we could crowd source the data and files for you. Starting with current sets and working backwards.

I agree this would be an excellent addition for paid users.

Im here trying to do the same thing as a premium sub.  I specifically am working on OG jumpstart right now, and I havent even touched all my commander pre-cons I have been accumulating over the years.

Would be great to have the list of pre-cons and just hit "import".  Would be happy to be some of the crowd that sources this.

So I just figured out the crowd sourcing is mostly done for OG Jumpstart.  People have added the JMP decks and loaded them in as distinct decks to be searched.  So I can copy the deck to my deck "ideas" but I am unsure of how to mass import all the cards, which is the other thing I want to be able to do. 

1) Load each deck
2) Import all cards in the deck to my inventory, with the listed printing, regardless of if I have the card in any printing or that editions printing already.

This should work for Commander pre-cons as well, once someone uploads it as a deck, any of us could easily grab it and dump into inventory.