Topic: So a Dockside holding a lotus walks into a crypt

and he then gets banned. All three banned. GG Jeweled lotus, mana crypt, and dockside. oh and NAdu is somewheres eating glue

Re: So a Dockside holding a lotus walks into a crypt

Yea Ive been doing my best "Wolverine Holding Picture of what he misses" Meme for the last 2 hours....

None of these really bother me.
I WILL state that Jeweled Lotus was created FOR commander, and I've seen more people die to their own crypts than not, but I don't run either card, so....:shrug:

We all saw Dockside coming, I think. And F-- Nadu. That is all. lol

~S~

lotus hurts because i traded almost 600$ worth of store credit for a textured lotus, crypt doesnt hurt to much as i pulled a yellow one randomly, but dockside, i could care less about that little turd.

My usual pod has debated over the years about whether the three should be banned or unbanned, with Dockside and Crypt currently under a self-imposed (now RC-imposed) ban. I feel like the various legal Moxes will start seeing an increase as people look to fill the void.

Probably healthy for commander in the longrun, but damn does it sting having just traded into a dockside lol. Ah well, my only complaint is they waited this long for the meta to warp around it before doing anything. Hopefully they are more proactive in the future.

I think this will only accelerate the setup of the CEDH Committee/Ban List to officially split the format into casual and competitive. We've so far past the days of EDH being the home of all the unplayable cards from Standard sets and with WOTC making cards with Commander in mind, it was a matter of time before there needed to be a line in the sand. Magic is filled with plenty of examples of format creations/shifts that it only makes sense that Commander would follow.

Last edited by Helios52 (2024-09-25 14:58:15)

Agreed. Jeweled lotus at least in casual hasnt been an issue for my pod given that the person who plays it either gets ganged up on, or uses it for a 7 to 8 mana commander. Our most played format is the "only standard set legal" cards. So nothing from commander sets only stuff from stuff that was or is legal in standard

Mana Vault looks to be the biggest winner from the bans, going from around $75-80 to, as of this comment, $110-120 on TCG mid.

I did have to change a few of my decks due to these changes, but I'm not salty about it. Lotus sucks because it is literally a useless card if you're not playing Commander Cube or using Rule 0, and Dockside was going to be a mana engine in my upcoming Jolly Balloon Man deck, but again, it is what it is.

Last edited by KnifeySkarekrow (2024-09-26 12:50:23)