Topic: Cards for Sale

Looking to sell of some of my collection, as i could use the money. Prices are flexible, but more-so the larger the order. Cards will be shipped in bubble-mailers with tracking, shipping will be added on to the total of the cards. Anything in my trades list is also for sale. Feel free to pm me with any offers. thanks.

Sword of war and peace x1 @ 35.00
Snapcaster mage x 1 @ 23.00
Cryptic command x 1 @ 15.00
Umezawa's Jitte x 1 @ 19.00
Wurmcoil engine x 1 @ 14.00
Elspeth Tirel x 1 @ 14.50
Garruk, Primal Hunter x 1 @ 13.00
Karn Liberated x 1 @ 12.00
Maelstrom Pulse x 1 @ 9.00

Lands
Blackcleave Cliffs x 3 @ 6.00
Dragonskull Summit x 4 @ 3.50
Glacial Fortress x 4 @ 4.50
Rootbound Crag x 1 @3.00

Re: Cards for Sale

Lucas Whitten wrote:

Looking to sell of some of my collection, as i could use the money. Prices are flexible, but more-so the larger the order. Cards will be shipped in bubble-mailers with tracking, shipping will be added on to the total of the cards. Anything in my trades list is also for sale. Feel free to pm me with any offers. thanks.

Sword of war and peace x1 @ 35.00
Snapcaster mage x 1 @ 23.00
Cryptic command x 1 @ 15.00
Umezawa's Jitte x 1 @ 19.00
Wurmcoil engine x 1 @ 14.00
Elspeth Tirel x 1 @ 14.50
Garruk, Primal Hunter x 1 @ 13.00
Karn Liberated x 1 @ 12.00
Maelstrom Pulse x 1 @ 9.00

Lands
Blackcleave Cliffs x 3 @ 6.00
Dragonskull Summit x 4 @ 3.50
Glacial Fortress x 4 @ 4.50
Rootbound Crag x 1 @3.00

Just as a suggestion, when people can find the cards for less than your listed prices on eBay with shipping included (like Buy It Now Wurmcoil - $12 + $.50 shipping, Snapcaster - $18 + $1 shipping, etc), they may go that route instead. When you attempt to sell cards through an outlet like this, you kind of have to provide an incentive.

Last edited by asmodeanreborn (2012-04-20 16:15:48)

asmodeanreborn wrote:

Just as a suggestion, when people can find the cards for less than your listed prices on eBay with shipping included (like Buy It Now Wurmcoil - $12 + $.50 shipping, Snapcaster - $18 + $1 shipping, etc), they may go that route instead. When you attempt to sell cards through an outlet like this, you kind of have to provide an incentive.

^ this. Not trying to be an ass; but at least match ebays lowest buy it now value. I got my jitte's for 16 shipped BIN :-)

no one said they have to buy them.

Lucas Whitten wrote:

no one said they have to buy them.

That wasn't what I was trying to point out either. I was just hoping to be helpful as it seemed you needed to get some money together.

well thanks for the advice, but a dm would've been better rather than advertising lower costs on ebay.

ಠ_ಠ

He's not giving away industry secrets, he's trying to help you.  The vast majority of forum members here are keenly aware of prices and if you are selling cards here they will need to be eBay min or better to actually sell.  You advertising higher prices is an indicator that you're inexperienced at selling here and asmodeanreborn did you a favor in saying so.  It's a good thing smile

Indeed. The reason most people are on here is to trade for the cards they want and not buy them. So most folks will need to get a good deal. I can't blame you for trying, but you have to know your audience here. Especially since selling through here saves the seller 10-15% in fees, the buyers will expect to see some of that savings.

I have to agree with Tawnos.

He didn't lose you any business.

EVERYONE here would have double checked prices at outside sources.

Just because you put them up at a high price originally; It doesn't mean that after you drop them no one will buy the cards.

Heck, I'm sure there are people just waiting for you to lower your prices and they'll jump all over it.

Panda's shop does pretty well for itself.

I did say prices were flexible, i also said make me an offer. haggling is acceptable. big_smile
Also if you buy several cards, its probably cheaper and less hassle than Ebay.
As much as i would love to talk about this more, i thank my kind community members for their advice yet again. But, would like to insist that all future discussion be for offers only. May you always pack foil chase rares.
-Lucas Whitten