Topic: Bad trader alert: IkiRyo316

Zero communication, except to make excuses. He sent his cards long after he received mine, claimed to be in the hospital but was still on line multiple times (I too was in the hospital during this trade, I also travel weekly to Houston from Austin, and I wrecked my car - yet I found time to make good on the deal). He then claimed he sent it, another week goes by and I have no card. I finally get the card almost 3 weeks after I sent mine and the envelope shows that he STILL didn't send it for another 6 days after he said he did, the second time.

The best part? ZERO packaging. Not even a penny sleeve. It was a small trade <$10 but this is bullshit. The sulfur falls he sent has a crease in the top (i'm guessing from a sorting machine or something?) because he is too lazy to put any type of protection on the card, meanwhile I of course sent in a penny sleeve, in a toploader, taped at the top.

He refuses to make good on the deal, or even accept my cards and finish the deal (which means I cannot give him negative feedback...) - which I know he received, and won't respond to any of my communications - via email or PM here.

Stay away from this lazy loser.

Details:

• Trade started on 4/23 - then crickets.

• I ask on 5/7 if he is still interested. He says yes, accepts the deal. Says he is going to send. I send as well.

• I send on 5/8.

• On 5/10 I see he still hasn't sent the cards. I say "please tell me you've sent these"

• 5/11 - he replies "Sorry I was in the hospital for a couple of days and just put the card in the mail."

• 5/12 - he updates DB and says he sent cards - I know based on tracking he received my cards by this time.

• 5/22 - I finally get the card, per my wife's message - but I'm in houston and don't see the actual card for a week - The post mark is 5/15 (four more days after he says he sent the second time.)

• 5/29 - I reply and tell him the card is damaged, because he didn't send it with protection - I hear nothing.

• 6/2 - I try emailing him - no response.

• 6/9 - final bad trader warning before I post. I say I'll give him 24 hours to hear back. Nothing.

• Today. Fed up with my damaged sulfur falls. Almost 2 months from the start of the trade.

Last edited by rabidmonkeys (2012-06-19 17:57:06)

Re: Bad trader alert: IkiRyo316

Could you link his/her profile?  I'd like to see their inventory.  They might remake an account and I'd like to be able to recognize the inventory.

Profile is here:

http://deckbox.org/users/IkiRyo316

This is why i make people with little or no feedback send first. I am sorry to hear about this bad experience but thank you for warning us about this bum.

Okay just want to ask a few questions quick before I put this guy on my X list.  Did you actually click Propose trade?  He has 0 other trades so he probably doesn't get on Deckbox all the time to check his trades that aren't proposed (you get an email).  Also, if I ended up in the hospital for a few days, I wouldn't be able to get my cards sent.  One my gf wouldn't have the slightest clue what she is looking for in my 10k+ cards and I'm not going to have her drag them to the hospital, I would however take my laptop with me and browse Reddit smile.  Although none of this makes up for the bad condition of the card.  (He is a first time trader so he might now know proper card sending edict though).  You can always envoke the "you send first" rule if you have more trades than the other person and I highly recommend doing this for people with < 3 or 4 trades or who have never had a high value trade before (>50).  What were you looking for him to do about the damaged card?

Woolcock66 wrote:

What were you looking for him to do about the damaged card?

Responding to the OPs contact attempts would have been a good start. If I had goofed up like that and sent cards in such a way that they would easily be damaged in transit and the recipient notified me, I'd at least offer to send something else to make up for the lost value.

That seems like an acceptable request to me smile