Topic: Feature request: Pascal case auto-completion in card search

I'm currently importing a bunch of cards, and what I feel would speed up things a fair bit is, in addition to the current auto-completion, if I type in the first letter of words in a card's name, it would find those as well.

For example, as it currently works, if I type in "Inva", the list show Faerie Invaders, Invader Parasite, Invasion Plans, etc. That should still work, BUT, if I type in "InvaP" or "invaP" or "Inva P" or "inva P", it should ideally show me Invader Parasite and Invasion Plans. If I add an "a" after any of those, it should filter down to Invader Parasite.

Does that make sense?

Re: Feature request: Pascal case auto-completion in card search

Expanding on this idea, also perhaps some simple regex commands, nothing too fancy; like:
^ for beginning of name
$ for end of name
* for any number of non-space characters
? for a single non-space character

Also as far as importing cards, if you're not picky about card details like foil and edition, I enter them into a big text file, then copy-paste it into the Mass Import function (second tab, looks like two pages). Anything you misspell remains in the import field, ready to be fixed. The foils I put in a separate text file and enter those in one by one.

Last edited by varble (2012-07-15 06:41:19)

Re: Feature request: Pascal case auto-completion in card search

adamjford wrote:

I'm currently importing a bunch of cards, and what I feel would speed up things a fair bit is, in addition to the current auto-completion, if I type in the first letter of words in a card's name, it would find those as well.

For example, as it currently works, if I type in "Inva", the list show Faerie Invaders, Invader Parasite, Invasion Plans, etc. That should still work, BUT, if I type in "InvaP" or "invaP" or "Inva P" or "inva P", it should ideally show me Invader Parasite and Invasion Plans. If I add an "a" after any of those, it should filter down to Invader Parasite.

Does that make sense?

Sounds like a good idea!