Topic: Hikingstick's Lucky 7 [Standard], [Opinions]

I'd like some help whittling this one down to 60 cards--I'm not sure what to cut.

http://deckbox.org/sets/204748

The premise is to ramp up mana to get out Elderscale Wurm and then Infinite Reflection.

I'm most wondering about the supporting sorceries and instants.  I know I might need to stall my opponent a while, though I should be able to eat damage for a few turns, too.

Last edited by HikingStick (2012-07-25 17:28:26)

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Hikingstick's Lucky 7 [Standard], [Opinions]

I would personally cut Rewind, use x4 Unsummon or even better Vapor Snag, x4 Negate rather than Essence Scatter, no downpour, no index, no silent departure. Elvish Visionary shouldn't be in there but Birds of Paradise should be, I also don't understand the ring of evos isle, you don't have any blue creatures so doesn't Mask of Avacyn make more sense? also the average 60 card deck uses 24 land and in a mana ramp deck I'd use more. Finally you should consider Gilded Lotus

Last edited by imsully2 (2012-07-25 20:58:58)

imsully2 wrote:

I would personally cut Rewind, use x4 Unsummon or even better Vapor Snag, x4 Negate rather than Essence Scatter, no downpour, no index, no silent departure. Elvish Visionary shouldn't be in there but Birds of Paradise should be, I also don't understand the ring of evos isle, you don't have any blue creatures so doesn't Mask of Avacyn make more sense? also the average 60 card deck uses 24 land and in a mana ramp deck I'd use more. Finally you should consider Gilded Lotus

I appreciate the comments.  What's your reasoning behind dropping Index and Elvish Visionary? I thought they would be useful for getting to some of my important cards faster.

They are nice to get cards faster but you have the beast trackers to get the elderscale wurm and as far as drawing a single card there are better cards than elvish visonary unless you have a way to bring it back to your hand. for a short list, Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, or Forbidden Alchemy. The problem with index is that if none of the next 5 cards are what you want then you just know you're gonna sit the next 5 turns. I'd also use 4 elderscale wurms, it never really hurts to have more when they're the basis of the deck. Also I understand the idea of card draw but it seems like this deck doesn't need it that much but if you want it Soul of the Harvest is probably a decent choice since you should have  plenty of mana available, otherwise sideboarding ground seal could be good or Rites of Flourishing. Even abundant growth could work out

imsully2 wrote:

They are nice to get cards faster but you have the beast trackers to get the elderscale wurm and as far as drawing a single card there are better cards than elvish visonary unless you have a way to bring it back to your hand. for a short list, Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, or Forbidden Alchemy. The problem with index is that if none of the next 5 cards are what you want then you just know you're gonna sit the next 5 turns. I'd also use 4 elderscale wurms, it never really hurts to have more when they're the basis of the deck. Also I understand the idea of card draw but it seems like this deck doesn't need it that much but if you want it Soul of the Harvest is probably a decent choice since you should have  plenty of mana available, otherwise sideboarding ground seal could be good or Rites of Flourishing. Even abundant growth could work out

Thanks.  That all makes sense.