Topic: Win a M13 Box and an Ajani, Caller of the Pride by signing up!

Hey guys,

Welcome to Canadian Traders.  I started this group because I was tired of waiting for my trades at the Canadian and US border.  Recently I traded with a Reddit memeber in US, Greensboro and it took over a month to recieve their cards. (http://deckbox.org/trades/15751?s=14432) By the time I got the cards most of them were useless to me as I obtained them from other sources.  This experience soured me on Deckbox so I thought to give it another chance.

We have been growing steadily and this is great.  I'm glad other fellow Canadians can post their collections here and make some profitable trades without postal nightmares to the US.

So to promote memebership I'm going to put my money where my mouth is.  I will give away 1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride to a random lucky Canadian Trader when we are listed on Page 1 of the Deckbox Communities page (at least 34 people as of this writing) and 1 M13 (or RTR which ever is the latest set a the time) booster box if we rank the second most populated community on Deckbox! 

Everyday I see tons of Canadians signing up to Deckbox so one thing you could do is send them an invite to the group with a personal message from yourself and offering help on these forums if they need it with the site. 

Let's go Canada.  I want to give these things away!

• 1 "Ajani, Caller of the Pride" to a random member when we are on page 1 of the Deckbox Communities.

• 1 M13 or RTR booster box when we rank #2 on the Deckbox Communities page.

Deckbox communities page: http://deckbox.org/communities

EDIT: Canadain Traders Page (click join on the top right): http://deckbox.org/communities/canadian_traders

EDIT: You don't have to be Canadian to win but I'm only sending them to a Canadian based address. Sorry to anyone else.

EDIT: Changed Box win condition to second on the list.

Re: Win a M13 Box and an Ajani, Caller of the Pride by signing up!

This is fucking awesome. Will tell my buddies!

Thanks, please do!  Also try to get them to at least post their traders and wishlists!

Hi Everyone!  Very Generous of you smile
Saw this group on Reddit and thought might as well sign up now.  Long time player but just starting to get back into it recently after a few years (innistrad block).
Haven't played since about Original Mirrodin set.  It'll take some time to post all my stuff but i am in the process of doing it.  Thought this would be great to find traders in Canada becuase shipping would be that much easier!  Anyways do i need to be invited to this community or something?  Fist time on Deckbox

Thanks!

Alright I have some people that are already on deck box that will be joining. Fingers crossed on the box!

No invitation required.  Go to the communities page, choose our group and click the JOIN button on the top right!  Good to have you!

Awesome way to promote signing up, hope it brings in the traders!

MyrMagic wrote:

Hey guys,

Welcome to Canadian Traders.  I started this group because I was tired of waiting for my trades at the Canadian and US border.  Recently I traded with a Reddit memeber in US, Greensboro and it took over a month to recieve their cards. (http://deckbox.org/trades/15751?s=14432) By the time I got the cards most of them were useless to me as I obtained them from other sources.  This experience soured me on Deckbox so I thought to give it another chance.

We have been growing steadily and this is great.  I'm glad other fellow Canadians can post their collections here and make some profitable trades without postal nightmares to the US.

So to promote memebership I'm going to put my money where my mouth is.  I will give away 1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride to a random lucky Canadian Trader when we are listed on Page 1 of the Deckbox Communities page (at least 34 people as of this writing) and 1 M13 (or RTR which ever is the latest set a the time) booster box if we rank the most populated community on Deckbox! 

Everyday I see tons of Canadians signing up to Deckbox so one thing you could do is send them an invite to the group with a personal message from yourself and offering help on these forums if they need it with the site. 

Let's go Canada.  I want to give these things away!

• 1 "Ajani, Caller of the Pride" to a random member when we are on page 1 of the Deckbox Communities.

• 1 M13 or RTR booster box when we rank #1 on the Deckbox Communities page.

Deckbox communities page: http://deckbox.org/communities

EDIT: You don't have to be Canadian to win but I'm only sending them to a Canadian based address. Sorry to anyone else.

Sorry So.. what community do you want us to Join?  the reddit one?  Your post says when "we are listed as #1 on the communities page"  who is we?  is there a canadian community?  if there is, I don;t see it there in the list.   Your post is not really clear it just says go to this link and join the community.  but their are many there.

Sorry, when Canadian Traders has the largest # of members on the Deckbox communities, I'll draw a random name for a M13 or RTR box.  I edited the first post with the Canadian Traders main page.

Lol So for the Box raffle to happen we need to surpass the reddit deckbox group?  Thats gonna be tough since most members here i assume most will also be part of the reddit deckbox community.

MyrMagic wrote:

I started this group because I was tired of waiting for my trades at the Canadian and US border.  Recently I traded with a Reddit memeber in US, Greensboro and it took over a month to recieve their cards. (http://deckbox.org/trades/15751?s=14432) By the time I got the cards most of them were useless to me as I obtained them from other sources.  This experience soured me on Deckbox so I thought to give it another chance.

I live in the US, but have a lot of family all across Canada. I also worked with international shipping at a former job.  The time frames you mention for sending items across the border are a bit longer than I have experienced, but certainly not unheard of.  I have even done a few trades with Canadians via Deckbox which took weeks.  Just thought I would throw my 2-cents in.  And good luck!

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

I have adjusted the contest for the M13 or RTR box to be awarded when we rank #2 on the communities page. I realize that as we gain memberships, people will also join the Reddit community and therefore make it almost imposible for us to reach that goal. 

Right now we can rank second if we have over 155 members.  So pass the word out. We are also very close to the Ajani give away.  He's burning a hole in my binder so let's get some more people to join!

I'll do what i can!
Go Canada Go!

MyrMagic wrote:

I have adjusted the contest for the M13 or RTR box to be awarded when we rank #2 on the communities page. I realize that as we gain memberships, people will also join the Reddit community and therefore make it almost imposible for us to reach that goal. 

Right now we can rank second if we have over 155 members.  So pass the word out. We are also very close to the Ajani give away.  He's burning a hole in my binder so let's get some more people to join!

Originally it was if we made 1st page was it not?

mpinsky wrote:
MyrMagic wrote:

This is for the M13 or RTR box. Ajani will still be given away when we make page 1. That has not changed.

MyrMagic wrote:
mpinsky wrote:
MyrMagic wrote:

This is for the M13 or RTR box. Ajani will still be given away when we make page 1. That has not changed.

Horray!

Wow, awesome giveaway. I haven't started trading yet but I plan to in the future after I build up my collection some more, but this is a really sweet giveaway thanks!

Well we've done it!  We're on the first page of the Deckbox Communities.  I'll draw for the Ajani and let you guys know shortly.

Now if we can get to be #2 on this page I can give away a box.

Nice! Congrats!! lets keep it up!

Ok so we only need another 100 or so members and I'll be sending somebody a box of boosters.  If you haven't already invited friends please do so.

So cool smile

Nerubian wrote:

So cool smile

What if someone were to make 100 fake accounts?

mpinsky wrote:
Nerubian wrote:

So cool smile

Really?

MyrMagic wrote:
mpinsky wrote:
Nerubian wrote:

So cool smile

Really?

big_smile

mpinsky wrote:
MyrMagic wrote:
mpinsky wrote:

Really?

big_smile

Ok so if your going to do that then go big or go home.  Might as well make 1 million fake accounts and make the reddit group look like a book club.