Topic: Have: Bonfire, Firestorm, more Want: To start an EDH deck

I don't know what I want my commander deck to be but I want it not to be too expensive, and prefer it not to be red since I'm trading away 2 money red cards at least.

Throw some trades my way with a legend or 2 and some mana base stuff and any other staples you think I should need.  Have never played or built a commander deck so I need some help and advice.

Re: Have: Bonfire, Firestorm, more Want: To start an EDH deck

I would watch other people are you play and kinda get a feel for it. Also, try to pick a commander that has your favorite colors. A good list of commanders can be found here.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=291478

Thanks, I don't have a favorite color, I like synergy though, and I have some fun blue stuff already so Blue and ?

White has sweepers, some nice creatures, some tutors, and plays pretty well with blue and I normally play blue white.

Blue Black is a nice combination also if you want to be a control player.

I don't have much experience with blue green or blue red

Started a trade discussion!

Ok, I think I want to do Blue/Black or blue/black/green.  If I do UB then I don't know who to be the commander, if I do blue/black/green it's the Mimeoplasm.

I always liked this guy for blue black. http://magiccards.info/shm/en/176.html

Mimioplasm is strong, plus if you go green you can get ramp.

Oona, Queen of the Fae is another strong UB commander.

I run sygg, and hes always been quite good for me. Edric makes him look like a bitch, but you get to play black instead of green smile i like cheap UB commanders since the deck tends to be slow normally otherwise

Whoever you pick, just know that Blue and Green are easily the best EDH colors. Red is by far the worst. Black and White are in between.

A good general in Blue Green is Edric, Spymaster of Trest. Hes def not a as much a hated on general as Mimeoplasm can be Mimeo can do alot of broken combos with him and really relies on the graveyards. Not thats bad but it depends on what the people are like your going to play with bc if your playing with more of a casual crowd, Mimeoplasm can garner more attention and it could turn into 3v1 and your on the wrong end. If the people your playing with are more serious players, Mimeoplasm would be the way to go. My point is Edric is a more political of a general since everyone can benefit from him and politics are important in EDH as opposed to other formats.

I guess i would consider myself a "more experienced player", but when I sit down at a table and someone busts out edric, i make it my goal to make the entire table target them

Not that it always works, because edric truly is a very powerful general.

Im not saying hes not powerful but hes more political in that other people get to draw off their attacks of opponents and avoid you bc then they dont get to draw if they hit you where as if you remove their best creatures from their graveyard it doesnt exactly make you the most well like person. I guess Ive just been playing the more hardcore mimeoplasm decks and the not so troubling Edric Decks. I dont mind people drawing a card when the attack someone but it grinds my gears for someone to have play or hermit druid or just one Mirror Mad Phantasm- shuffle, drop your deck to your GY and then make Mimeoplasm some crazy Lord of Extinction/Trisklion/Skittles copy. I guess Im just not a fan of reanimator smile

I sent you a trade offer for the bonfire smile

Bonfire and Firestorm have been spoken for!  Thanks for everyone's offers.