Topic: Selling Older Cards

Today my boss brought his cards into work to ask me to help him determine their value and potentially sell them off. Here's my reddit post from this afternoon on the topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/commen … ork_today/

Anyhow here's whats up for grabs and the price (which is partially negotiable)

Land:
Lotus Vale (Weatherlight) - Heavily Played/Damaged - $2.50
Ancient Tomb (Tempest) - Slightly Played - $8

Artifacts:
Phyrexian Dreadnought (Mirage) - Slightly Played - $11
Grindstoned (Tempest) - Slightly Played - $15
Scroll Rack (Tempest) - Slightly Played - $20
2 Lotus Petal (Tempest) - Slightly Played - $2 each

Blue:
Mystical Tutor (Mirage) - Played - $3.50
Illusions of Grandeur (Ice Age) - Played - $3

Black:
Demonic Tutor (Revised) - Played/Heavily Played - $8
Reccurring Nightmare (Exodus) - Played - $8
Grave Pact (Stronghold) - Played - $3
Necropotence (Ice Age) - Near Mint/Slightly Played - $3

Green:
Concordant Crossroads (Legends) - Slightly Played - $18
Priest of Titania (Urza) - Near Mint/Slightly Played - $2

Foreign:
Mishra's Factoy (German Renaissance) - Near Mint/Slightly Played - $8 (Star City Listing: http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisp … duct=91586)
Strip Mine (German Renaissance) - Near Mint/Slightly Played - $6 (Star City Listing: http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisp … uct=155270)

If you order I'll throw in one of these olde timey storybooks/rules books that were in the box. They're not worth anything but they're pretty cool.

Payments made via PayPal please. Scans available on request.

PS: If you have anything on my wishlist I may be able to negotiate a trade, but I doubt I can offer full value because then I'd be the one giving him the cash.

Last edited by MyDadCantCount (2012-08-16 18:22:57)

Re: Selling Older Cards

I'd be interested in the scroll rack, but frankly his prices are too high. This is not a retail store and youre not going to get retail. I can do a BIN w/free shipping on ebay for $20 for a mint one. A little more if i want a foreign one, so paying $20 for a SP isn't in the ballpark.

Yeah, exactly my problem. I could use some of these cards, but nothing really piques my interests because the prices are just worse than ebay.

Before the averages prices here got skewed with the multiple editions getting calculated in the average, I used to look at things this way: the "Low" price was (and is) a fair estimate of what I might expect were I to sell a collection for cash, and the "Average" price was the value I used for the insurance purposes (cover the collection for that amount--roughly what I'd need to lay out if I wanted to buy all of them again).

The "High" value was I figure most people think I spent on my collection.  wink

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

If you're interested in anything please send me a trade request and we can negotiate price (I'll add whatever cards to my trade list at that time).

The prices listed were taken from magiccards.info low range for each card, but I doubt he'd mind taking a small hit to get rid of them. I also offered free shipping to the person who ordered yesterday to help make up some of the price discrepancy, so that might also be a possibility depending on the total of your purchase.

These were all the money cards in his collection and he's donating the rest of his common, uncommons, and bulk rares to the on campus board gaming association to help new players get into the game, so I'm trying to help out a generally nice guy.