Topic: PayPal shipping labels (Shipping costs and low value trades)

Fellow Traders,

I've noticed some of you have stated (in profiles or posts) that you don't believe it is worth it to pay for shipping for low value trades.  Some of you are fortunate enough to live close to one or more card shops, so you can get cards quickly and easily.  Others of us live a distance outside major metropolitan areas, and have to drive everywhere for everything.  For example, I just got back from FNM in a town that is nearly a half hour from my home.

Well, if a card shop is not conveniently close, then is the expense for postage really unreasonable, even for smaller trades? I burn 1.5 gallons every time I run to the card shop--that's $5.40 at today's fuel price.  Most of my "local" trades also involve towns 15+ miles distant from my home or workplace.

You also may not realize that you can get postage (with delivery confirmation) for less than what it costs at the USPS office near you.  PayPal lets you buy postage (first class, or other services) with delivery confirmation.  For three ounces, shipping is only $1.64--far less than the gas I'd burn getting to the shop or for most local trade.

You don't need to sell the item through eBay or PayPal to buy postage there.  You may access the link directly at http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now.

Just keep it in mind.  If you are close to a store, it might not make sense to you, but for those of us in out of the way places, those trades may be our best option.  If really a sticking point for you, just suggest tipping the balance of the trade a bit in your favor.  I'd be open to that in most instances (for low value trades), and expect others might be, too.

Respectfully yours,

Andrew

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.