Topic: [Feature Request] "Vacation/Away" status, "No new trades" option

This one came up out of a thread in the RedditMTG trades community here.  Currently, if you are away for any period of time or any reason, there's nothing to flag another trader, unless you specifically note it in your profile and they specifically look (which is always a good idea).

When I played chess on Chess.com, you have a vacation feature that let you set your status to "Away".  While away, pending games could not time out, and you had the option to not accept any new games.  I think a similar feature would be great here.

Put a checkbox on our profile that sets our status to "Away".  Then, if anyone tries to initiate a trade, they will get warned that we are away.  That should eliminate some frustration on both sides. If you get ambitious, you could add a calendar feature, to set a returning date, but that's likely another project.

An additional option that would go hand-in-glove with this one would be the ability to flag your account for "No new trades".  You could have that on only while away, or could have it on at some other time (e.g., when reviewing inventory, after taking in a bulk purchase).  If that flag is set, that caption could appear by the user name in the trade panel (e.g., "This user is not accepting new trades") and you could either A) hide that user from the various trade windows (e.g., showing which users have a specific card in the tradelist), or simply B) prevent any new trade records from being written (i.e., return a warning that the user is not accepting new trades and return the user to their all trades window).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: [Feature Request] "Vacation/Away" status, "No new trades" option

I like this, or just hide people who haven't been online in the search box or whatever. I hate seeing someone has a card I want and see they are a 0/0 who has loads of pending trades, or is just not returning anytime soon.

Last edited by TheTorq (2012-08-17 20:49:02)

Re: [Feature Request] "Vacation/Away" status, "No new trades" option

HikingStick wrote:

This one came up out of a thread in the RedditMTG trades community here.  Currently, if you are away for any period of time or any reason, there's nothing to flag another trader, unless you specifically note it in your profile and they specifically look (which is always a good idea).

When I played chess on Chess.com, you have a vacation feature that let you set your status to "Away".  While away, pending games could not time out, and you had the option to not accept any new games.  I think a similar feature would be great here.

Put a checkbox on our profile that sets our status to "Away".  Then, if anyone tries to initiate a trade, they will get warned that we are away.  That should eliminate some frustration on both sides. If you get ambitious, you could add a calendar feature, to set a returning date, but that's likely another project.

An additional option that would go hand-in-glove with this one would be the ability to flag your account for "No new trades".  You could have that on only while away, or could have it on at some other time (e.g., when reviewing inventory, after taking in a bulk purchase).  If that flag is set, that caption could appear by the user name in the trade panel (e.g., "This user is not accepting new trades") and you could either A) hide that user from the various trade windows (e.g., showing which users have a specific card in the tradelist), or simply B) prevent any new trade records from being written (i.e., return a warning that the user is not accepting new trades and return the user to their all trades window).

I would love to see this implemented also.