Topic: Insuring your collection

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about this.  With an ever-growing collection and a value that keeps climbing, I've been wondering about special policies or riders to cover my collection.  Currently, my cards are covered by my homeowner's policy--both when home and at events (personal property, off-premise)--but the deductible on my homeowner's policy is too high to be practical.

I'm wondering if there are any policies geared specifically to the collector's market.  Does anyone have one? Anyone know of an insurance company that offers such policies?

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Insuring your collection

Yes you can. You can get a policy that covers just collectibles to cover the lost or damage of your cards. I do believe that the minimum threshold is 10,000, but im almost certain that as long as you have a VERY detailed listing of each card in your collection that most if not all insurance companies will cut you a policy. Deductibles will vary as well so just have all your questions ready with your agent (I have one through State Farm).

Hope this helps.

Dakkon4444 wrote:

Yes you can. You can get a policy that covers just collectibles to cover the lost or damage of your cards. I do believe that the minimum threshold is 10,000, but im almost certain that as long as you have a VERY detailed listing of each card in your collection that most if not all insurance companies will cut you a policy. Deductibles will vary as well so just have all your questions ready with your agent (I have one through State Farm).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information.  What valuation do you use to cover your cards? The Average listed here, or something else?

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

TCG player I feel gives the best market average on cards as well as the best rane especially if you have cards that are (theoretically) worth more due to pristine condition. If you have a way of jotting down all your cards on a database, that is good enough as (with Excel) you can get the sum of (at the end of the spreadsheet). I do believe that TCG player s what this site uses...