Topic: Warning: Avoid user "Snowblind1234"

We agreed to simultaneous shipping.  He originally said he was shipping on August 5th.  Then on August 19th he said he actually shipped on the 16th.  Have not received the cards yet.  Shipping should take 2-3 days because he lives less than an hour away.  I should have avoided this trader as the first trade I did with this user took extremely long, but not this long.

Below is the chat log... pretty much speaks for itself.

Snowblind1234    yeah man that'll work, i will have to recieve the cash before i ship the cards    04 Aug

Snowblind1234    $6*    04 Aug

Nahhnope    I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow. Could we ship at the same time? I've got quite a bit of feedback and you and I just finished up another trade.    04 Aug

Snowblind1234    oh yeah no shit, osry my minds kinda everywhere atm. yes ill sent them all out tomorrow    04 Aug

Nahhnope    Awesome, I appreciate it.    05 Aug

Snowblind1234    not a problem    05 Aug

Nahhnope    Shit, forgot my name on that address    05 Aug

Nahhnope    it's ***** ******    05 Aug

Snowblind1234    no worries, i keep trade logs    05 Aug

Nahhnope    can you verify your address, I don't keep track    05 Aug

Nahhnope    Hey man, can't ship until I've got an address    07 Aug

Snowblind1234    oh, sorry man, been losing track of time yeah    07 Aug

Nahhnope    Hey, have you sent the cards?    16 Aug

Nahhnope    Hello?    18 Aug

Nahhnope    Ignoring is not cool, it says the last time you've been online is today. I sent the money a week and a half ago and have heard nothing from you and according to this you haen't sent the cards.    19 Aug

Snowblind1234    wasnt ignoring you    19 Aug

Snowblind1234    but yes i have 3 days ago    19 Aug

Snowblind1234    sorry bout that    19 Aug

Nahhnope    3 days ago is not cool, we agreed to simultaneous shipping and I shipped a week before that.    20 Aug

Snowblind1234    ive been working on moving, sorry i couldnt do it sooner    20 Aug

Nahhnope    I sent the money two weeks ago, I'm positive it should have arrived within 3 days. Have you received it and not marked it?    22 Aug

Nahhnope    Still haven't received the cards. Can you please send my money back?    22 Aug

Nahhnope    Okay, first you said you were shipping on August 5th. You then said you shipped them out on August 16th. It is now August 24th. Please stop lying about when the cards are being sent out. I'm reporting this as mail fraud to the postal service and the authorities in a week unless I have received my money back.    00:47

Nahhnope    If you had truly sent them out on August 26th I would have received them within 2 days as we live 45 minutes away from each other.    00:48

Last edited by Nahhnope (2012-08-24 05:30:09)

Re: Warning: Avoid user "Snowblind1234"

I understand you're frustrated with the other guy but there's not really any reason to accuse him of being a thief yet due to poor communication skills.

Shipping times vary all the time, I've completed 92 trades on here so far and that's not even including the dozens of trades I did on the Reddit trade thread before using this site. I've had packages take anywhere from 2 days to close to a month to get to somebody. I completed a trade a month or two ago where we shipped to each other that same afternoon, and even though we both lived in the same state it took exactly a week for both of our packages to arrive. Another time I sent a package out and the guy claimed that he hadn't received it after a week, so I asked him to wait another week and the package never arrived so I sent his card back. After all of that he received the original package two weeks later after I had sent his card back. And another trade I completed a few weeks ago took about 3 weeks for the guy to get his package even though I sent it out with several other packages at the same time and everyone else got their stuff within 3 days.

To wrap up this long winded post I would just like to reiterate that just because someone is a lazy and/or poor communicating trader that it's not always their fault that a package might not have arrived yet, so be careful when you accuse other people of being thieves without any real proof.

I haven't actually accused him of anything other than lying,  which he even admitted to (said he shipped out on the 5ht, then said he shipped out on the 16th.)  My friend works for the postal service and confirmed that from Snowblind's post office, the package would be driven directly to mine, the day they received it.

Edit:  I will, however, change the name of the post from "Warning: User possibly stealing"

Last edited by Nahhnope (2012-08-24 05:31:44)

Communication is key for a good trader. I don't care if I finally get the cards after a month, if the communication was bad - you're still getting negative from me. I like knowing what's going on, even if it takes a while. It takes mere seconds to log in and make a comment or shoot an email.

Look at my post earlier in the week - I started it as "SKETCHY TRADER" because I want my friends here to know something fishy is going on, even if it turns out okay. When it was clear that my situation turned sour, I changed the title to BAD TRADER. This is the second time I've done this and I believe it raises the level of awareness for us to make informed decisions about our traders. Just look at the people that found out from my thread that they weren't getting their cards. So thanks for making this thread.

About this guy - interesting that on reddit he said he was selling his entire collection before/during your trade?

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/commen … ollection/

Last edited by rabidmonkeys (2012-08-24 14:43:26)

Had a trade with him a while back, shipping was a bit slow, but I did get everything nonetheless.

http://i46.tinypic.com/14ihoq9.jpg

Assumed this would wind up here, Firstly, yes, i have been slow my past few trades, family troubles and a vacation come into play here, not excuses but reasons. I understand the complaints made and im sorry that what happened has happened, if this leaves a bad mark on my profile so be it. Can't reverse time, i can only try and rectify this and to make both parties leave on good terms. Secondly, in my other trades in which i have been slow i have offered and in many cases given compensation. A money order has been sent to Mr. NahhNope for the amount of which he paid, $6. Sorry for the delay and your unhappiness and dissasisfaction NahhNope, but i can't do much more than this. I'd of been happy to give more compensation or work towards a common goal but to come about with threats and intimidation, along as an attempt to black mark my name is very low brow, Sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your time everyone.