Topic: EDH Thursday

I'm playing EDH with friends (casual competitors) on Thursday and have 0 EDH decks.  I have lots of cards but not really many bombs.  I don't mind loosing, I like attacking and putting pressure on people.  What type of EDH decks, I want to make two at least, are good option to prevent long boring games.

Re: EDH Thursday

Well if you don't like long games you probably shouldn't play EDH, especially not in a group...

Your best bet to make games short would be to make a red deck, Goblins if you want a chance to win or anything else if you're ok with losing pretty much every time since red is quite bad in EDH.

imsully2 wrote:

Well if you don't like long games you probably shouldn't play EDH, especially not in a group...

Your best bet to make games short would be to make a red deck, Goblins if you want a chance to win or anything else if you're ok with losing pretty much every time since red is quite bad in EDH.

Krenko, Mob Boss is a great general for this type of deck.  Aggro as fuck, and completely capable of winning games.

also a short game, for you or opponents, is an aggressive Kaalia deck.  Either you wreck all or have a giant target on you.  I believe with Warstorm Surge out I managed to win by turn 9 last time.  Acceptable and not overly douchey with combos.

If you want the game to be over VERY quickly I.E. no friends, your generals can always be Jhoira or Arcum Dagsson.

What's your style of play and favored colors?

just noticed dr posted right above me...he was there for that Warstorm Surge game big_smile

we won't speak of having Conspiracy out, naming Dragons, and then dropping Eldrazi...

you can check my profile for a list of decks. those are real deck that i played. I will add some more in the near future.

even if they are mostly for 1v1 (i play a lot of 1v1) they can be easily modified for MP fun session.

Diverse thoughts. MTG and anything that crosses my mind. http://blog.scorpse.com
DCI MTG Level 2 Judge

imsully2 wrote:

While I've not been winning (best finish has been 3rd out of 10), I'm running an all-red, mostly-goblins deck with Jaya Ballard as my commander.  She can nail every creature and player for six.    While there  aren't as many red cards that affect everyone, some simple ones like Electrickeryand Mizzium Mortars are great from the recent block.

Then again, I guess I'm just partial to red.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Stick, are you opposed to a B/R Goblins deck instead of mono Red?  Wort, Boggart Auntie makes a mean Goblin general and opens up a lot of options for you with black.

morningstar1978 wrote:

just noticed dr posted right above me...he was there for that Warstorm Surge game big_smile

we won't speak of having Conspiracy out, naming Dragons, and then dropping Eldrazi...

It's still better than that damned Niv-Mizzet deck of yours.  tongue

morningstar1978 wrote:

Stick, are you opposed to a B/R Goblins deck instead of mono Red?  Wort, Boggart Auntie makes a mean Goblin general and opens up a lot of options for you with black.

I'll need to give it a look.  I've only been playing EDH about a month.  It is a lot of fun so far!

UPDATE: I have had a copy of Wort on my wishlist for a while.  I just haven't gotten one yet.

HikingStick wrote:
morningstar1978 wrote:

I'll need to give it a look.  I've only been playing EDH about a month.  It is a lot of fun so far!

UPDATE: I have had a copy of Wort on my wishlist for a while.  I just haven't gotten one yet.

I think I have a Wort lying around that I could send you, I'm not a goblin fan myself

imsully2 wrote:
HikingStick wrote:
morningstar1978 wrote:

I think I have a Wort lying around that I could send you, I'm not a goblin fan myself

I'll let you know if I need it--I took some time and shot out some trade proposals after reviewing this thread.

hey that deck is not nearly as degenerate as it could be, I made it with extra cards.  Yes, I had an extra mana drain.

if you are going to run Goblins, find the ones that Champion a Goblin.  A guy that runs a Wort deck at our LGS runs those and when there are board wipes, boom he is still one or two ahead.  Pain in the arse, really.

We now return this thread to the original poster (OP), with our apologies.  big_smile

My Rhys deck (http://deckbox.org/sets/244137) can get out of hand quickly because you can double the number of tokens you have every turn.  Craterhoof can be a BEAST if you have 10-15 tokens, let alone more.

I watched a guy Rafiq his way to victory as well, if you can get him with an eldrazi conscription you will be one-shotting people.  Toss in a Finest Hour and you are killing 2 opposing players every turn.