Topic: H: Foil Deathrite Shaman W: Offers, prefer Modern and Legacy Staples

Valued between $55-$70, seeing as SCG is selling for $60 and the few available on TCGPlayer are around $70

Would really like to get my hands on Jace, the Mind Sculptor and would be willing to trade up to him, but I'm open to any Modern or Legacy staples, like Fetchlands.

Re: H: Foil Deathrite Shaman W: Offers, prefer Modern and Legacy Staples

I have multiple JTMS but I value standard foils @ 50% their current price. If you're still interested send a trade request.

iamsolipsism wrote:

I have multiple JTMS but I value standard foils @ 50% their current price. If you're still interested send a trade request.

Deathrite's value has nothing to do with standard.....

311chaos wrote:
iamsolipsism wrote:

Regardless, cards in standard post-rotation fall so it's my personal valuation. I never force anyone to accept it.

iamsolipsism wrote:
311chaos wrote:
iamsolipsism wrote:

Regardless, cards in standard post-rotation fall so it's my personal valuation. I never force anyone to accept it.

It seemed demeaning. You can walk into just about any card shop and get 50% cash.

311chaos wrote:
iamsolipsism wrote:
311chaos wrote:

It seemed demeaning. You can walk into just about any card shop and get 50% cash.

Actually at my card shop; even the most sought out staples get 40% credit and 25% cash so I have just had different experience. Also, a foil Deathrite would be trading up and into Eternal with a JTMS in the trade. Again, my valuations on trades like these are completely my own and see no reason for you to become involved.

iamsolipsism wrote:
311chaos wrote:
iamsolipsism wrote:

1. Rotation isn't for a very long time.
2. This is seeing heavy play in all formats.  No reason to assume it's going to plummet.

You may not be "forcing" trades but lowballing can be very annoying.

cornely06 wrote:
iamsolipsism wrote:
311chaos wrote:

1. Rotation isn't for a very long time.
2. This is seeing heavy play in all formats.  No reason to assume it's going to plummet.

You may not be "forcing" trades but lowballing can be very annoying.

1. That does not change the matter that the trade is Standard into Eternal.
2. Regardless all cards, I repeat, all cards, fall post-rotation.
3. I see many people both here and on other forums take value off for these form of trades.
4. Why are you annoyed when this is not your trade thread and none of what has been said applies to you?
5. You choose to put quotations around the word forcing and I do not take kindly to the implication. I have contacted the original poster in any way or form aside from this thread. I have not repeatedly attempted to trade with him. So your implication I find much more annoying because you choose to involve yourself with something that does not concern you, that no one has asked for your opinion in, and that has no affect on the rest of the community.

You're getting mighty defensive.  Going by your trade rules you'd expect 9-10 snapcasters for your JTMS, a 3 year old card.  I find that absurd and felt like pointing it out.  If you're going to lowball people do it in private where it won't potentially negate offers they would have otherwise received.

Using speculative trade values of only the period immediately following rotation to do your trades is kind of silly.

cornely06 wrote:

You're getting mighty defensive.  Going by your trade rules you'd expect 9-10 snapcasters for your JTMS, a 3 year old card.  I find that absurd and felt like pointing it out.  If you're going to lowball people do it in private where it won't potentially negate offers they would have otherwise received.

Using speculative trade values of only the period immediately following rotation to do your trades is kind of silly.

I do not like being attacked and harassed, and this includes written text. I have never valued the Snapcaster in this forum. The Foil Deathrite, I value using my method based on the fact that it was in the latest set, is a foil, has just spiked as a result of the announcement of Modern FNM, its occurrence in Jund lists, and the recent GP Denver hype. I find it absurd that you choose to interfere with the negotiations of a trade. The idea of forum where people posts their interests is to receive interests and offers.

I choose to offer him a trade here rather than sending him a request because I understand my pricing and offer was merely just that, a personal valuation that he is able to evaluate and respond to if he was interested in. How in any way, shape or form does my post influence his ability to receive offers on a Jace, the Mind Sculptor.

Being one of the most sought for legacy staples in one of the most underdrafted sets in one of the most game-defining colors, I believe everyone understands the value of this card. That being said, Deathrite has proven to be a staple but is by no means to be as format-defining nor as versatile as the former. Therefore, this offer was traded on based on the Standard/Eternal Barrier and the concept of trading up.

To sum up, you seem mighty interested slandering me over this. I truly wonder if I have somehow wronged you in a past trade.

Last edited by iamsolipsism (2013-01-11 13:23:14)

Bickering aside, I'd be interested if there's anything in my tradelist you might want!

People have the right to value cards at whatever they like.  If they don't do it conventionally, well that just makes them harder for the rest of the community to trade with - but that's what they are willing to accept to accomplish their own trade goals.

In other news, ChannelFireball has foil Deathrites at 50 apiece, which is also where they are falling on ebay BINs and auctions.

People can value cards at whatever they perceive the value to be to them; that's their choice. Its your choice to decide if its worth it.

Nildayan wrote:

Bickering aside, I'd be interested if there's anything in my tradelist you might want!

I saw a few smaller things, but really not enough in your tradelist that caught my eye. Thank you for the interest though!

I'm interested in your foil deathrite.

http://deckbox.org/sets/219239?s=j&o=d

I have had great success selling high-value standard and  modern cards on Ebay and purchasing legacy wants.  Many people on this site will try to rip people off looking to trade high-value cards which have come out in recent releases.  Yes, there is a trade market, where cards playable in eternal formats are 'worth' more than cards currently in standard, but remember there is also a large secondary market where the value of a card is determined by what someone will pay for it.  Trade low, sell high.  Good luck!