Topic: [Standard] Another look at Stuffy Doll [Opinions] [Advice]

I've been intrigued by using Stuffy Doll since some of the threads started up last summer.

Here's a deck on which I've been working.  I call it, "Waiting for Stuffy": http://deckbox.org/sets/289979

It's Red-Green.  I have Ulvenwald Tracker for its "Fight Club" ability, Scorned Villager for some extra mana and chump blocking, and Immerwolf and Predator Ooze to keep my opponents on edge until the red carpet rolls out for Stuffy Doll.

Inquisitor's Flail is in there to be equipped on Stuffy Doll. I can then use it to block, making Stuffy take double damage.

I also included some burn spells, both as spot removal, and as additional ways to deal damage to my opponent.  Spell duplication is made available by Reverberate and Increasing Vengeance (four between them--I only have one I.V.), allowing me to double the burn.

Blasphemous Act is in there for a final stroke, should it go that long.

Thoughts? On the surface, it may look a little scattered, but it seems to have potential.  I'll be testing it this evening.  Your feedback is always appreciated.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: [Standard] Another look at Stuffy Doll [Opinions] [Advice]

In play testing, Inquisitor's Flail also made a great pairing with Predator Ooze.

I had a pretty good win record last night (around 75% of all matches against a variety of decks).  My eldest son runs a deck that typically gives me grief (Champion of Lambholt, Champion of the Parish, and a lot of token generation).  Last night wasn't his night, however, with Burn at the Stake in my hand.  I got it out for a cost of 1R on two occasions.

The biggest threat to Stuffy Doll, which I'm surprised you didn't run into a lot of is Tragic Slip.  If there's a way to pump his toughness (often times even only one point works) then I would advise sliding that in.  Otherwise, I think Stuffy Doll is among the most amusing cards in the game.

I'll give your decklist a closer look later this evening to see what I can figure out so that I can offer some thoughts.

I do realize it could be Murdered, but so far the deck has done alright as I don't need Stuffy Doll to win (though it is much more fun for me that way winkGiant Growth would save me from Murder, so long as it is not cast after Morbid would come into effect.

Actually, Giant Growth and that Inquisitor's Flail make for a good pair-- +3 and then double it.

Perhaps I need a new deck with my Predator Oozes, Inquisitor's Flails, and Rancors. Since Deathtouch only requires one (1) to deal lethal damage, Nightshade Peddler sounds good--but that takes me back to my old Fight Club deck (based of Justin Plocher's Fight Club deck as seen on YouTube--he's from my LGS!).

EDIT: Added links