Topic: Deck builder ideas

I realize that the main purpose of deckbox is to inventory your cards. However, since there is a deckbuilder I would like to suggest improvements for it.

As it is now, the deck builder is very clunky. If you want to add cards to a deck, you have to go to your inventory find the card, then add it to a deck, then go back to the deck and set how many copies you want. It would be much nicer if the deck builder's grid eliminated the unnecessary columns to make room for a separate simplified card database grid next to it on the same page. Search the card database, which tells you how many you own (could be 0), add cards to your deck without leaving the deck builder page (even if you currently own 0).

Also, please do not allow changing inventory while in the deck builder. Multiple times I have edited the inventory amount rather than the deck amount accidentally (mainly the first time I built a deck). I don't see any reason to change inventory amounts while building a deck, but it is good to see the amount that you own of each card so you know how many you are short.

Thanks for a great site!

Re: Deck builder ideas

When on the deck page, just click the Import button/link at the top.  It will present a screen area for adding cards just like the one in the main inventory area.  There's no need to check them in your inventory to add them to your deck (unless that's how you prefer to do it).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Thanks for the tip. I guess using the word "Import" is misleading to me for deck building. It sounds like adding to my inventory.

Gillissie wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I guess using the word "Import" is misleading to me for deck building. It sounds like adding to my inventory.

I agree with you there.  "Add cards" might be a better label, but that is up to Sebi and company.

"Add cards" would fit either Inventory or Deck Building. Do you agree?

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.