Topic: W: Lands H: Huntmaster Fells, Hellrider, Aurelia,etc

When I say lands I mean I am looking for any variation of, tri or dual lands even if they are uncommons throw them up for trade. Not looking for guildgates but most else from any modern set please, otherwise my wishlist is good to go from. I am making an EDH dragon deck so if you have suggestions throw them up for trade. Thanks for your interest and time.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2013-02-21 19:15:54)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Re: W: Lands H: Huntmaster Fells, Hellrider, Aurelia,etc

If you mention who your Commander is, then we can be of more help in the suggestions.

I have not decided, any reasonable suggestions would be helpful...honestly name a dragon or a card related to dragons and I most likely have it, if I don't I can get it.

This will be my first EDH deck, so I really don't know what I am doing =/ any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2013-02-21 17:16:11)

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Well you have a few options for Dragons. Id recommended, Kalia of the Vast (RWB) to just put lots of dragons into play attacking, or there is Scion of the Ur-dragon (WUBRG) which also puts tons of dragons into play. Depends on which colors you want.

AmarusCameron wrote:

I have not decided, any reasonable suggestions would be helpful...honestly name a dragon or a card related to dragons and I most likely have it, if I don't I can get it.

This will be my first EDH deck, so I really don't know what I am doing =/ any advice would be most appreciated.

For one, get the EDH artifact staples. Sol Ring, Command Tower, Chromatic Lantern, Lightning Greaves, Signets for your colors, Darksteel Ingot, etc.

Two: The best Dragon tribal general is probably Karrthus or Scion of the Ur-Dragon. I recommend Karrthus, because Jund EDH is fun.

nsongster wrote:

For one, get the EDH artifact staples. Sol Ring, Command Tower, Chromatic Lantern, Lightning Greaves, Signets for your colors, Darksteel Ingot, etc.

Two: The best Dragon tribal general is probably Karrthus or Scion of the Ur-Dragon. I recommend Karrthus, because Jund EDH is fun.

locohobo wrote:

Well you have a few options for Dragons. Id recommended, Kalia of the Vast (RWB) to just put lots of dragons into play attacking, or there is Scion of the Ur-dragon (WUBRG) which also puts tons of dragons into play. Depends on which colors you want.

Well Both of these are excellent pieces of advice, I definitly want Kalia of the vast as she is in my wishlist, but I already have Scion, also I already have decided to go 5 color simply because I have a bunch of dragons I want in the deck and every color is represented. If I cannot make the deck work with five then I wanted to go grixis or jund but grixis is more my style as I love blue.

Also more ideas about EDH staples would be helpful, and if you have those staples throw up a trade and maybe we can work something out.

Thank you all for you advice as thus far, keep it coming!

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2013-02-21 17:52:17)

I'd recommend Kaalia, if you want to play dragons. I *love* my kaalia deck.

Make sure to get some equipment to protect her though, like darksteel plate or something.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:

I'd recommend Kaalia, if you want to play dragons. I *love* my kaalia deck.

Make sure to get some equipment to protect her though, like darksteel plate or something.

I have me some darksteel plate, and I figure I can add some Ride of the Eldrazi totem armor as well

Seems reasonable.
Indestructable, unblockable, shroud, hexproof. All are things you want to throw on kaalia. She's a relatively inexpensive general to play and takes your deck from a slow ramp to throwing a thousand punches in no time flat.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:

Seems reasonable.
Indestructable, unblockable, shroud, hexproof. All are things you want to throw on kaalia. She's a relatively inexpensive general to play and takes your deck from a slow ramp to throwing a thousand punches in no time flat.

I will definitely do that then. Thank you for the advice smile

Ok I have a trade for kalia, thanks for your help folks, now on to the lands...I need the lands!

Just made a giant trade, thank you all for your advice. I would consider this topic closed. Again thank you!