Topic: Cards not showing under colors accurately

It seems that certain cards do not show up under color filter results.

Example:
COLOR is Exclusively One Of (or All Of) Black =
    cards without casting costs don't show up, such as Living End, Slaughter Pact

***Also it would be nice to navigate pages by clicking page number instead of Next as your only option. If I filter Black Rares and have 27 pages and I know I need to view cards beginning with "M", for example, I have to click NEXT 15 times...

Thanks!

Re: Cards not showing under colors accurately

Slaughter Pack is colorless based on its mana cost.  It is treated as a black card due to the rules text printed on its face.  That being the case, it would seem to be appropriately excluded from the search (color is based on casting cost).

Living End has the problem of truly no casting cost (not even a zero), similar to Hypergenesis and Ancestral Vision.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to find those cards is to do a rule search for the appropriate color string (e.g., "is black"). Unfortunately, currently there is no way to do designate a query to show cards that include the "is black" rules text or the "exclusively one of...black" filter (a join of all records that match either parameter).

Since the information in the database comes from a Gatherer extract (if I'm remembering correctly), what can be presented here is limited to what they record in their system.

I'll let Sebi or Catnica chime in if my response is not accurate.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I believe all 0-casting costs coloured cards (Pacts, Kobolds, etc). were errata'd when Dark Ascension came out to have colour indicators instead of rules text indicating their colour, similar to the ones on the double-faced cards. If that data is available through Gatherer (and it looks like it is), it should definitely be the determining factor in colour sorting.

This brings up an interesting point, though; there is currently no way to search for all multi-coloured cards. I imagine this is a database issue based on how the colours may be stored, as running a sum on the number of colours over every card is probably too hard on the server. Still, it would be really useful.

Another post pointed out a difference between our current rules text and that currently in Gatherer.  I believe Sebi is looking into updating the info base.

As to searching multi-color cards, you can do it for specific color combinations. For example, use the color filter and set it to "Exclusively all of..." and select the colors you want (e.g., Red and Black, Black and Blue and Green).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

HikingStick wrote:

Another post pointed out a difference between our current rules text and that currently in Gatherer.  I believe Sebi is looking into updating the info base.

As to searching multi-color cards, you can do it for specific color combinations. For example, use the color filter and set it to "Exclusively all of..." and select the colors you want (e.g., Red and Black, Black and Blue and Green).

That works for looking for a specific combination, but not for printing out a list of multi-coloured cards for, for example, a trade list.