Topic: Anyone else trade with Robert Bentley?

He has so many trades active and looks like he's welching.

Last edited by iamsolipsism (2013-04-05 06:01:43)

Re: Anyone else trade with Robert Bentley?

I replied on the BTR thread, but I got my cards from him (him shipping first) on an active trade I have with him.

Just waiting for him to confirm he got mine...

Welching?

Scamming, welching, not fulfilling trades etc.

Ahh. I hope that's not the case sad

I completed a trade with him on 3/21 and the only thing he didn't do was leave feedback for me (nor has he read the message where I requested he do so).

Completed a trade with him on 21 March. Everything went as normal.

Just posted about the same problem. I had a trade with him in mid-March, he confirmed shipping addresses, I sent my cards, he has yet to respond to any of my messages even though he's been online (as you can tell by his profile).

Not too serious of a loss (~$15), but I would definitely still like to receive my cards. If he's not sending, he's doing it to a lot of people.

Completed a trade with him a week or so ago, everything was fine

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

He sent first to me, all was fine.  USPS says mine got to him a week or two ago but he hasn't marked received yet.

I completed a trade with him a few weeks ago. Everything went really well, he left feedback. It did take him a bit as he said he has ton of trades.

It's been two weeks. That's more than a little bit. It's fucking stupid.

Agreed. If I send my cards promptly, I expect you to do the same. That's not an unreasonable expectation, and "having lots of trades" or not, it doesn't take that long to put some cards in an envelope and stick it into a mailbox, especially if you're already sending a lot of cards out.

I've also been waiting for two weeks. Even if the delay was reasonable, failing to respond to inquiries about the state of the trade, especially when you're online anyways, is not.

I also have an active trade in play with this user, and I've heard nothing since I sent my cards back on March 19. This is a "small potatoes" trade worth less than $2, but that's besides the point. This person posted in the forums that they needed some cards, I replied, we made the deal, and here we are.

I realize people have lives and things happen, but I'm starting to see more and more instances of flat-out poor or non-communication. Traders are checking in, but doing nothing obvious. A simple message to say, "hey, things are going on, I'm still committed to this trade, but I'll need a few more days" does wonders for good trading.

Best of luck to everyone else involved here. Again, I hope this is something simple, explainable, and not deliberate.

I had a trade with him a few weeks back, no problems here.

Something else I just realized: it's spring break for many schools and colleges right now. Not an ironclad defense, nor an excuse for not checking in, but something to keep in mind.

Spring breaks have been over for a week or more now. It's not really feasible to be behind that defense.

My fear is that he made 20+ trades to get high enough feedback, then decided to cash in and welch on a large number of trades at one time. It's been 3 weeks since I've heard from him, that's ridiculous. Does anyone here have experience filing a report on something like this? I want to avoid other people having to deal with this kind of a situation.

flclreddit wrote:

Spring breaks have been over for a week or more now. It's not really feasible to be behind that defense.

My fear is that he made 20+ trades to get high enough feedback, then decided to cash in and welch on a large number of trades at one time. It's been 3 weeks since I've heard from him, that's ridiculous. Does anyone here have experience filing a report on something like this? I want to avoid other people having to deal with this kind of a situation.

My concern exactly.

Well, has anyone at least reached out to Sebi and the moderators here about this?

It sounds like filing a Bad Trade Report (BTR) may be in order.  Please review the information in this post, and then submit a BTR if it seems appropriate.

Anyone experiencing a potential bad trade should consider filing a BTR.

If you believe you have been scammed, reporting possible mail fraud may also be an option.  If numerous folks file, the post office (in the US, at least) has more information to go on (i.e., they can see a pattern).

Also, do remember that sometimes domestic mail in the US can take three weeks or more, even if it normally only takes a few days (or took only days going the other direction). I recently had a package destined for California that ended up in Boston before they turned around and shipped it to the right place.

Last edited by HikingStick (2013-04-08 13:54:05)

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Thanks for your response. It's true that mail can sometimes take up to 3 weeks due to routing/human error, but he hasn't responded to my trade messages even though his account says that he's been online multiple times. A shipping mix up might explain the lateness, but he hasn't even selected that he's sent his cards. I just feel left out in the cold.

BTR has already been filed.

I feel like this should be required reading for anyone who uses this or other trading websites, just so they know that there are consequences to being an asshole.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/inve … fraud.aspx

anyone have a link to his profile?

ankhofmishra wrote:

anyone have a link to his profile?

http://deckbox.org/users/Royboytoe