Topic: Favorite EDH Decks

I want to make a new EDH deck but I'm kinda drawing a blank for ideas, so my questions for you all is what are some of your favorite EDH decks to either play, or play against and why?
It could be specific decks or just deck archetypes, I'm just looking for something fun to play.

Re: Favorite EDH Decks

I have two--a B/R goblin deck under Wort, Boggart Auntie, and a new U/W deck under Geist of Saint Traft I threw together in an hour a couple of weeks ago.

Neither of them is currently in deckbox (at least, not in their current form).  I'll load them this weekend and will post the links.

The goblin deck is straight forward: Aggro, aggro, aggro. My commander lets me return goblins from my graveyard to my hand.  I have a few goblin tutors (e.g., Goblin Matron, Goblin Recruiter) to help me pull certain goblins, or stack them on the top of my deck.  I then use cards like Skirk Drill Sergeant and Goblin Ringleader to get those goblins on the field.  That lets me get out cards like Goblin Lackey and Warren Instigator, which let me play goblins for free from my hand each time I damage a player.  Those free cards could be Goblin King, Goblin Chieftain, or any number of other goblins.  I also added some fun cards that rely on coin flips or other random effects.  Perhaps my favorite is Goblin Game.

The U/W deck has been startlingly good.  Numerous card options prevent attacks (e.g., Sphere of Safety, Norn's Annex, Stormtide Leviathan), there is some removal, and some token generation via things like Moonsilver Spear.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I've only recently gotten into the format myself (lack of standard events locally and no real desire to drop $500 to get into modern) but I can say I've had a blast tinkering and figuring out just silly combos.

I have two decks that are tested and perform pretty well.

First is one with Trostani, Selesnya's Voice as the general.  Outside of that, it's squirrels, it's beasts, centaurs, wurms, spirits, soldiers... you name it, if it makes a token, it's in there.  Believe me when I say that Advent of the Wurm and Voice of Resurgence will fit in there nicely.  But the basic plan is just to generate a few tokens, and then populate the crap out of everything.  Toss in Beastmaster Ascension, Collective Blessing, Intangible Virtue, Phantom General and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and things can get pretty ugly, pretty fast.  The less expected component comes in the life gain from Trostani - a friend was playing a sliver deck and put Coat of Arms on the field, one board wipe later and my GF (piloting this deck) plays Verdant Force with Parallel Lives already on the field.  Our fourth plays a kicked Rite of Replication on said Verdant Force so there are 7 new saprolings per upkeep.  Suffice to say, my GF was sitting pretty at 1,200 life when I finally was able to wipe the board again.

My second is a Grixis control-ish deck using Gwendlyn Di Corci as my general.  Lots of tutors, board wipes, extra turns, PWs, legendary creatures, etc.  I've only just realized what a fool I've been not to be running both Blood Artist and Falkenrath Noble for when said board wipes hit (I'd previously just been relying on Prince of Thralls).  A fair amount of discard too, which, oddly is quite nice in EDH.  Toss in Consuming Aberration as a group mill card... yeah... he gets out of control pretty quickly.

I've also just assembled a mono-white cat deck with either Raksha Golden Cub or Kemba, Kha Regent as general.  I've yet to playtest it though, so I can give more thoughts on it later.

My suggestion, go find a general that isn't as widely played and start tinkering around with the combos that work.  Remember that the format is all about casual play and having fun (which I'm sure you're already aware of but a lot of people forget trying to be too competitive).  If it's gimmicky, silly, and unrealistic that it would ever work in competitive play... do it!

I don't see a Wort deck in my near future, you did give me some good cards to make my Krenko deck more efficient though.
I started playing with a Geist of Saint Traft desk this afternoon, looks like it might become a catholic deck.

As tempting as the Trostani deck is to me, i think my local players would kill me if showed up with another token generator deck. Then again, stuff with standard tokens might not be as bad as my artifact deck with mirrorworks. Lol, that deck ends up requiring an empty seat next to me when it goes off correctly. Lord help us if a group hug deck decides to egg it on.

I've been toying with the idea of a control deck recently, not really sure if that one will take off. I don't play control often, so any suggestion for a good commander there are appreciated.