Topic: W: Cards for Rhys EDH (Tokens) H: Deathrite, Snapcaster, EDH

Trying to get ahold of a lot of cards for my Rhys the Redeemed EDH deck.  The main theme of the deck is tokens, with an Enchantment toolbox subtheme.  If you have cards that would fit into this type of deck, feel free to offer them to me even if I don't have them on my wishlist.  I hope to see lots of awesome trade offers from you guys!

Re: W: Cards for Rhys EDH (Tokens) H: Deathrite, Snapcaster, EDH

I'm interested in your Phantasmal Image, Spell Crumple    , and Detention Sphere. Let me know if you see anything for them!

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-05-10 18:27:01)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

UnstableFlux wrote:

I'm interested in your Phantasmal Image, Spell Crumple    , and Detention Sphere. Let me know if you see anything for them!

Umm... I need a Mana Drain?  The values of those are not close at all, but I see that you also need Deathrites and Linvala.  Also I know that Italian is less than English.  Is there any chance I could convince you to trade it?  That was the only card that really caught my eye.

Paul_K wrote:
DTrain5742 wrote:
UnstableFlux wrote:

Umm... I need a Mana Drain?  The values of those are not close at all, but I see that you also need Deathrites and Linvala.  Also I know that Italian is less than English.  Is there any chance I could convince you to trade it?  That was the only card that really caught my eye.

I remember when Italian Drain's were more valuable than English.  Oh how the years go by...

What is an enchantment toolbox sub-theme mean?

Cards like Academy Rector, Sterling Grove, Idyllic Tutor, and Enlightened Tutor are needed to do the toolboxing, and then I want to have quite a few targets for different situations, like Night Soil for graveyard hate, Concordant Crossroads for haste, Aura Shards for artifact and enchantment removal, Parallel Lives for token doubling, etc.  Basically I just want a suite of very good enchantments to tutor up in my colors, and I also need the cards to tutor them up with.

Sorry but I didn't really see anything else to even it out hmm

UnstableFlux wrote:

Sorry but I didn't really see anything else to even it out hmm

alright.  what do you value italian drain at?

Paul_K wrote:
DTrain5742 wrote:
UnstableFlux wrote:

I remember when Italian Drain's were more valuable than English.  Oh how the years go by...

Why are foreign cards more valuable to English players anyway? I would think that having a card that you and your opponent can read would be more valuable?

Delandel wrote:
Paul_K wrote:
DTrain5742 wrote:

Why are foreign cards more valuable to English players anyway? I would think that having a card that you and your opponent can read would be more valuable?

Usually foreign cards are considered more "pimp" because they are harder to find. However, Italian cards from the set Legends are much more common than English versions and are thus worth quite a bit less.

Honestly I'd say $135 trading value, but that would be for an equal value card, trading down to a bunch of $15-$20 cards I would ask for a premium of about $160

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-05-10 18:58:38)

UnstableFlux wrote:

Honestly I'd say $135 trading value, but that would be for an equal value card, trading down to a bunch of $15-$20 cards I would ask for a premium of about $160

Oh, $135 seems a bit high to me.  I know it's trade value rather than cash, but yours is SP and there are a lot of Italian ones on eBay for around $90.  It doesn't look like we will be able to work out a deal.

Last edited by DTrain5742 (2013-05-10 19:05:49)

Yeah I never go by cash value unless I'm buying/selling, always TCG mid. Cheers anyways and good luck in your card hunt!

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-05-10 19:08:35)