Topic: The Time Has Come!

I have finally decided to sell off my collection of cards.  My guess is the value is over $10,000.  Anyone have suggestions where to sell it at?

I'm in the process of making up a cv file to send to the major players like Troll and Toad, SCG.  I was thinking of sending lists to some smaller type shops like Hotsauce as well.  Like anyone else, I want to get the most out of the collection, so any other suggestions would be helpful!

Re: The Time Has Come!

If you are willing to part out some of it over PayPal there are some cards I am interested in.  wink

Now that that is out of the way ,you will get the most $$ from selling on eBay, but it will take the most time. You will get cash quick from the big guys though. So its just a matter of how much time you want to put into selling your stuff.

I have personally sold to ChannelFireball a few times in the past and they have always been quick for me. I am in California, so I have sent cards and had a check in my mail box 3 days latter.

I can vouch for troll and toad as I know some of the guys who work there and travel to large events with the company.  They are fast and easy to deal with.  They also have competitive pricing.

That being said it helps that I am from Kentucky (troll and toads location).

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101743434/Scorecards/Landscape.png

As the others have indicated, you'll get much more value by selling it off in pieces, but that also takes much more time.  If you sell it off in a single lump, either on eBay or to a major shop, you'll probably only get 40-60% of its retail value.  I'd suggest selling off a bunch of small chunks first, especially if members here are interested, and then bulking out the rest.  But keep in mind that also has risks; if you sell off all the good cards, you may find that no one is interested in the bulk at all.  There's obviously no one right answer...

What other people have said...basically sell the big stuff to players through ebay, forums, and buylists and sell off the rest of it to a local player when you have gotten some value.

I also might be interested in buying parts of it smile