Topic: Modern Masters

I don't mean to be spamming topics here, but anyone see what they've spoiled for modern masters?  Goyf & Bob are a good start, but the good Elspeth, Kataki, Path at uncommon, Swords, Shackles, Ravager, Doubling Season, Vial, Finks at uncommon, & Knight of Reliquary?

Amazing.  I'd be surprised if the set doesn't sell out entirely before it hits shelves, drafts are packed, and boxes go for twice MSRP.  The set is nuts.

Re: Modern Masters

Where did you see the spoilers for the cards other than Goyf and Bob? as far as I know, the only things that have been comfirmed were Aether Spellbomb, City of Brass and recently Tooth and Nail.

EDIT: Nvm I found these possible spoilers.

I guess this set is what it is. Pretty much money in every pack.

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-05-23 15:01:49)

Im not sure its a must but considering your almost guaranteed to make your money back plus some, I wouldnt say its a bad idea

Paul_K wrote:

so you're saying that getting a box at msrp of 249.99 is a must?  But would we (rochester group) be willing to spend $40 on a draft?

We'll have to wait for spoiler confirmation as well as spoilers of the rest of the set.  But it is a pretty amazing set.  Not sure if it will justify $250, since each box only has 24 rather than 36 packs, that'd mean each pack would need more than $10 worth of value ON AVERAGE to break even.  But it looks to be a steal at $120 and I'm planning on doing as many drafts at my LGS as I have time and they have product (so probably just 1, but hopefully 2 drafts).

I think you will be able to find boxes locally for a short time at around $180. I personally will pick up some packs, but I don't have the money to pick up a box unfortunitly

The stores around me sold out of boxes and aren't selling packs.  I'm going to try and do a draft tomorrow if it isn't too packs, although $35 for a draft just feels steep.  Here's to hoping for good pulls I guess...

Anyone else doing anything with MM?

I made it through Massdrop's hectic lottery and acquired 6 packs. I'm going to put on my lucky underpants, open them, and then put everything up on the tradelist.

I'm in my home town currently instead of Rochester, but my LGS is doing a draft for 23. Hopefully I'll get some good pulls.

Paul_K wrote:

Good luck with the pulls!

Can I bring the packs by your place to get some "jazz hands" luck?

drafting tonight at boldos for $25. Also I found a place that will sell a box for $210

pulled a Dark Confidant, also a guy at the store pulled 2 tarmogoyfs

Wow, congrats on Bob!  That more than pays for the draft!

Anyone else pull anything good? 

All the stores out here in albany sold out during pre-orders, except one, and I couldn't make it to their draft (and $40 seemed steep), so I missed this one.

Weird, Rochester seems to have a decent supply of modern master

Last edited by fairportmagic (2013-06-09 14:33:39)

fairportmagic wrote:

Weird, Rochester seems to have a decent supply if modern masters

FML, I'm moving back.  Who needs a job anyway?

I too pulled Bob.

Nice pull Geoff, I got the last pack from Boldos, got an 80 cent rare, Skeletal Vampire sad At least I got a foil eternal witness.

boldos is sold out?

Yes sold out, although they still have fliers up for MM draft on the 17th

interesting, how much?

i think it was $25, my pack cost $10

I'm gonna goto that then