Topic: Wanting to Sell 2x Voice Of Resurgence

Have two Voice Of Resurgence to sell.  $42 shipped each, or both for $80 shipped.
Paypal (gift payment) or postal money order.

Re: Wanting to Sell 2x Voice Of Resurgence

Come on! Someone has to want them!

Paul_K wrote:

I just sold 6 (avg $38) in the past two days so the market may not be there anymore (for purchase that is) or they find $42 just a tad bit too expensive.  This serves as informatory only.

Not to offend people on this forum, but most seem cheap lol.  Especially the people who aren't playing actually playing standard.  The people who think their legacy/modern card's monetary value is some how worth more than a standard card's value.  I do understand that they want to trade against the future value of the card, but ummm.  This isn't the future, this is today, the present.  VoR is priced the way is it because Dragon's Maze sucked as a set (for the most part).  No one's opening boxes to sell singles like they'd normally be doing.  Supply and demand.  If people weren't willing to pay in the mid $40's for them, you'd never see TCG's inventory change.  But hey, I'm just a ranting.  Have a good day!

Cheapest on TCG (NM) is $45-$46 + shipping.  So I figured $80 shipped for 2 is a decent price.  No, it's not "cheap" but I'm not hurting for cash.

Mattssacre wrote:

Not to offend people on this forum, but most seem cheap lol.  Especially the people who aren't playing actually playing standard.  The people who think their legacy/modern card's monetary value is some how worth more than a standard card's value.  I do understand that they want to trade against the future value of the card, but ummm.  This isn't the future, this is today, the present.

Many people on this forum trade for cards that are projected to rise in value. Many stardard cards that are high in price right now (voice of resurgence) could easily fall in price due to a meta shift (Boros Reckoner). The problem with trading legacy/modern staples like Karn Liberated, Kiki-Jiki or Plateau for standard cards like Voice of Resurgence is that the legacy/modern cards are more likely to stay the same price, or increase in price.

That being said, people would rather not spend $55 on a card that will likely fall, rather then rise.

I completely understand that.  But it's confusing when MANY people have VoR in their wishlist, but then offer you 50% it's value in trade value.  That's just stupid.  Why then even have it in your wish list? It would be nice if this site could select priorities in your trade.  Some people kind of do it themselves by changing the want quantity, but that messes up searches and it's not standardized at all.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-06-21 22:53:07)

Mattssacre wrote:
Paul_K wrote:

I just sold 6 (avg $38) in the past two days so the market may not be there anymore (for purchase that is) or they find $42 just a tad bit too expensive.  This serves as informatory only.

Not to offend people on this forum, but most seem cheap lol.  Especially the people who aren't playing actually playing standard.  The people who think their legacy/modern card's monetary value is some how worth more than a standard card's value.  I do understand that they want to trade against the future value of the card, but ummm.  This isn't the future, this is today, the present.  VoR is priced the way is it because Dragon's Maze sucked as a set (for the most part).  No one's opening boxes to sell singles like they'd normally be doing.  Supply and demand.  If people weren't willing to pay in the mid $40's for them, you'd never see TCG's inventory change.  But hey, I'm just a ranting.  Have a good day!

Cheapest on TCG (NM) is $45-$46 + shipping.  So I figured $80 shipped for 2 is a decent price.  No, it's not "cheap" but I'm not hurting for cash.

Not everyone is cheap, but sellers seem to be delusional about prices sometimes. If someone is going to shell out cash for Voice, which is a card that is definitely going to tank, why would they pay you retail when they can get the card for ~38 shipped on an ebay auction?

Not everyone is cheap, but sellers seem to be delusional about prices sometimes. If someone is going to shell out cash for Voice, which is a card that is definitely going to tank, why would they pay you retail when they can get the card for ~38 shipped on an ebay auction?

Not argue with you, but there are zero on ebay for $38 (how about you do an average selling price for the last 7 days and report back). Sure, occasionally an idiot will post one for a lot less.  But they are probably hard for cash or something. It's not the norm.  Pricing and availability is always fluctuating there.  I have had a successful eBay business for more than 3 years (nothing to do with MTG) so I know very well how things work on ebay.  Asking less than what is typical is hardly delusional.  I could be asking $45 +shipping and I would still be in line with many sellers.  but jeez, if I did that here.  People would flip the F out like I was trying to rob them.

Mattssacre wrote:

Not argue with you, but there are zero on ebay for $38 (how about you do an average selling price for the last 7 days and report back). Sure, occasionally an idiot will post one for a lot less.  But they are probably hard for cash or something. It's not the norm.  Pricing and availability is always fluctuating there.  I have had a successful eBay business for more than 3 years (nothing to do with MTG) so I know very well how things work on ebay.  Asking less than what is typical is hardly delusional.  I could be asking $45 +shipping and I would still be in line with many sellers.  but jeez, if I did that here.  People would flip the F out like I was trying to rob them.

June 20 38/shipped, 40/shipped, 39/shipped, 40/shipped, 35.66/shipped, 35.88/shipped, FOUR at 37/shipped

People don't flip out, but it's annoying that people use this forum as a resource for selling shit at retail prices.

If you're posting here to sell at TCG prices, what would be the point in us buying it from you? Why not just buy it from TCG, where we can raise a dispute if something goes wrong along the way? I'm almost willing to bet that most people that want a Voice would be willing to do it a full trade value, and not buy it at full value.

frkbmr wrote:

If you're posting here to sell at TCG prices, what would be the point in us buying it from you? Why not just buy it from TCG, where we can raise a dispute if something goes wrong along the way? I'm almost willing to bet that most people that want a Voice would be willing to do it a full trade value, and not buy it at full value.

Then you'd lose that bet. I've yet to have one person offer full value even vs other standard cards via trade or email.   If you've been reading from the start, you'd see that I'm still $5 cheaper than TCG shipped.  I was only pointing out that if people post stuff for high prices people get all mad for no reason.  It's all fine though.  I can wait to sell them, or trade if someone actually offers me a a fair exchange.

June 20 38/shipped, 40/shipped, 39/shipped, 40/shipped, 35.66/shipped, 35.88/shipped, FOUR at 37/shipped

People don't flip out, but it's annoying that people use this forum as a resource for selling shit at retail prices.

lol you must be checking auction prices.  Sorry I didn't clarify.  Only morons sell using eBay's auction  (unless you're doing a high volume of sales which add up). I was talking about how much you can buy one right now for.  Guess what? Auctions aren't right now. It might take you a while to win at the price you want.  Compare apples to apples.  Feel free to go back and check for buy in now prices.  You typically lose 10-35% of "retail value"  buy auctioning.   Last I checked, isn't TCG mid "retail" price? The price that's $12+ more than I'm asking.  Locally, the card stores i goto all have them in the $50's.  Please let me know which retail store is selling them for $40.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-06-22 01:16:08)

I traded my voice at $56...

http://deckbox.org/trades/97576?s=28915

At the end of the day, we're just telling you that people probably won't buy at that price on this site. You can justify your prices all you'd like, but there may be a reason why no one is biting. If you want to move them, then look around, there are many people looking for voices at full value too.

ColtonisWright wrote:

I traded my voice at $56...

http://deckbox.org/trades/97576?s=28915

At the end of the day, we're just telling you that people probably won't buy at that price on this site. You can justify your prices all you'd like, but there may be a reason why no one is biting. If you want to move them, then look around, there are many people looking for voices at full value too.

I'm not even tripping, I don't honestly even care that much.  I just think I have to defend the sellers point of view when people are getting all crazy talking about $40 is retail.  GTFO.  According to that dude, ebay auction prices are now retail.  Ya, don't we wish lol.

But thanks for the feedback!

Mattssacre wrote:

lol you must be checking auction prices.  Sorry I didn't clarify.  Only morons sell using eBay's auction  (unless you're doing a high volume of sales which add up). I was talking about how much you can buy one right now for.  Guess what? Auctions aren't right now. It might take you a while to win at the price you want.  Compare apples to apples.  Feel free to go back and check for buy in now prices.  You typically lose 10-35% of "retail value"  buy auctioning.   Last I checked, isn't TCG mid "retail" price? The price that's $12+ more than I'm asking.  Locally, the card stores i goto all have them in the $50's.  Please let me know which retail store is selling them for $40.

That's fine if you don't want to compete against auctions on Ebay, but don't pretend like they aren't an option. If people care about saving a few bucks, they're going to do that. KidIcarus sells a ton of stuff - including power, beta duals, and foreign foil staples, through auction on ebay and makes good money doing it.

And TCGplayer mid is NOT retail

That's fine if you don't want to compete against auctions on Ebay, but don't pretend like they aren't an option. If people care about saving a few bucks, they're going to do that. KidIcarus sells a ton of stuff - including power, beta duals, and foreign foil staples, through auction on ebay and makes good money doing it.

And TCGplayer mid is NOT retail

Yes,  good job at reading.  I said "unless you're doing a high volume of sales which add up".

Please have some sort of proof where you are trying to justify your "retail price" All you did is avoid the question by saying that TCG mid is not retail.  Okay, how about we take all the big name sellers from TCG (2k + sales) and average their selling price for VoR.  Would you consider that retail?  Because it's still looking to be more than $50

I apologize that this thread has been completely turned into a debate.  Who ever thought selling a few trading cards would upset someone.

If anyone has cards plus + cash that they'd like to offer.  Please feel free to me up via trade or email.  I'm almost always looking for sets of shock land and Deathrite Shamans! I have a few things on my wishlist too, although it's hardly complete.

Since no one has said it as plainly, I'll go ahead and do it.  If you want to sell your cards on Deckbox, or any third party site, make sure your cards are the cheapest the buyer can get.  Deckbox is a buyer's market.  I'd also suggest checking out the prices Voices are going for over at MagicTradersOnline if you need some help figuring out a good pricepoint for yours.

Last edited by grossoggodeckbox (2013-06-22 02:55:17)

Yes,  good job at reading.  I said "unless you're doing a high volume of sales which add up".

You obviously don't pay attention to Ebay. KI's auctions close near or above average retail pretty regularly. He doesn't rely on "volume", he replies on his reputation and inventory.

Please have some sort of proof where you are trying to justify your "retail prices" All you did is avoid the question by saying that TCG mid is not retail.  Okay, how about we take all the big name sellers from TCG (2k + sales) and average their selling price for VoR.  Would you consider that retail?  Because it's still looking to be more than $50

TCGPlayer mid is not "retail" because TCGplayer mid is an aggregate of retailers. TCGPlayer low is realistic retail for cards in standard. Pretending like Ebay auctions don't exist is just stupid.

mtgtradingthread wrote:

You obviously don't pay attention to Ebay. KI's auctions close near or above average retail pretty regularly. He doesn't rely on "volume", he replies on his reputation and inventory.

Please have some sort of proof where you are trying to justify your "retail prices" All you did is avoid the question by saying that TCG mid is not retail.  Okay, how about we take all the big name sellers from TCG (2k + sales) and average their selling price for VoR.  Would you consider that retail?  Because it's still looking to be more than $50

TCGPlayer mid is not "retail" because TCGplayer mid is an aggregate of retailers. TCGPlayer low is realistic retail for cards in standard. Pretending like Ebay auctions don't exist is just stupid.

Yes, I understand eBay auctions.  Obviously you have zero understanding on what "retail price" means.  Standard has nothing to do with it at all. 

Are you trying to prove me right or wrong?  "TCGPlayer mid is not "retail" because TCGplayer mid is an aggregate of retailers."  Pro tip:  Retailers sell things at "retail" price.  So, you just told me that I shouldn't take a retailers (your word) price for something, because it isn't retail. Where do you think the word retail comes from. lol.   I'm confused.  Low end sellers on TCG are mostly just people trying to sell extra cards.  They aren't exactly what most people consider "retailers" (aka businesses) per sa.  The ones with many sales would be considered "Retailers".

I think we can all just agree to disagree.  The main point being made is that deckbox users as a group will only purchase singles at below tcglow to make the purchase worth risking doing business with a (relatively) unaccountable stranger.  You are not interested in selling your cards for less on that premise.  It also sounds like you have had some unfortunate trade dealings with individuals on this site and I apologize on their behalf... This really is a good and honest trading community.

Best of luck on your sales!