Topic: An easier way to add cards

I am not sure if this was asked a while back, and it bothers me that I only just decided to post this now, but I was wondering if people were looking into a better way to add cards. I feel like if you had a "add by set" feature, and then loaded up all of the cards in the set and allowed for people to change the numbers to add to their inventory, it would be a lot quicker for people adding larger amounts of cards and would be a lot more efficient. As an added bonus, there will be no ambiguity as to what the set is.

I have been using the TCGplayer collection tracker, but it randomly deletes cards and is a nightmare. I feel like doing something like that would be really beneficial to people (especially myself)

Re: An easier way to add cards

I completely agree with everything you just said. This should get done.

Re: An easier way to add cards

Yeah, I feel like the way cards are added now requires so much time that it will deter people. Being able to have a quick way to put cards in and add new ones would be rather nice. I think that being able to hide the cards in your inventory would also be a good feature, as I would have cards in there and people would try to trade for them and it ruined a lot of trading opportunities. So when I want to add new cards, the best and most efficient way to do so is

1) Store my collection on the TCGplayer collection tracker (which is buggy and has cards disappear)
2) Add my new cards to the collection (assuming I have 50+ new cards)
3) Copy paste my entire non foil list into a SS
4) Change set names/massage data
5) Upload
6) Do steps 3-5 for foils

When I make a trade on here, I need to make sure that I make the change on tcgplayer as well, or the lists get out of sync. Trading in person means I have to change both sites.

I feel like if deckbox could implement the "add by set" feature and would allow users to hide inventory, it would be so much easier for me, and would be a way to get a lot more people to the site. While it sounds like I am bitching, the truth is that I love this site and it made me leave salvation and tappedout since it is so good.