Topic: {H} MM 'Goyf {W} DRS, Shocks

Hi all,

Title pretty much says it all - feel free to give me any offer and we can discuss.

*Disclaimer*

Not interested in trading a $140 card for a bunch of smaller cards that total $140.  Need a little extra value trading away something big.

Last edited by Beagle (2013-08-31 16:53:03)

Re: {H} MM 'Goyf {W} DRS, Shocks

Your thread title is confusing. Are you willing to trade Goyf for Snaps, DRS and shocks?

toastface wrote:

Your thread title is confusing. Are you willing to trade Goyf for Snaps, DRS and shocks?

Yes, but the disclaimer I was adding was to dissuade some of the trades I've been getting where it's:

Me: $140 MM 'Goyf

Them: $135 of smaller stuff.

I'm going to be asking for a bit of extra value when trading down so much, that's all.

I'm very interested in your Goyf and I would be willing to trade shocks out of my inventory for it.  Any chance we could work something out?

I don't get it, you want to trade down with the things you ask for but you expect to be paid a premium, even though you are requesting smaller stuff?

morph66 wrote:

I don't get it, you want to trade down with the things you ask for but you expect to be paid a premium, even though you are requesting smaller stuff?

This is actually the norm.  When you're trading down, you can expect to get a little more, since the stuff you're trading away is high value.  When trading up, you expect to offer a bit more, since all your little stuff equates to one big thing.

Kei_Asaki wrote:
morph66 wrote:

This is actually the norm.  When you're trading down, you can expect to get a little more, since the stuff you're trading away is high value.  When trading up, you expect to offer a bit more, since all your little stuff equates to one big thing.

ok thanks for clearing that up, I knew about the premium , but i figured if you were requesting it you were kind of forfeiting your right to ask for more. Seeing as it's what you want.

morph66 wrote:
Kei_Asaki wrote:
morph66 wrote:

ok thanks for clearing that up, I knew about the premium , but i figured if you were requesting it you were kind of forfeiting your right to ask for more. Seeing as it's what you want.

Not sure what you mean by that, sorry. sad
Generally if I'm after something that is, for the sake of example, $50, but all I have is small stuff, I try to offer around $55 worth the small stuff to try and get the big thing.  It works the same way around, too.  If I've got the $50 item, I expect to be offered about $55 worth the stuff.

ok thanks, sorry beagle for chatting in your thread.

morph66 wrote:

ok thanks, sorry beagle for chatting in your thread.

No worries - actually makes the point I was trying to quite well.

Bump - still looking for DRS and Shocks.