Topic: I need help

A person i was trading my Kalonian Hydra with has not sent their cards and its been 4 days since they've been on. They obviously got the cards since its been 3 mailing days...They haven't sent and they said they'd simulsend but still haven't sent... What should i do??

I know i can wait but for how long? and to what extent cuz i've emailed him and gotten no response. I emailed the other person in his other trades and they're in the same situation... What should i do?

I WANT YOUR MIRRODIN, DARKSTEEL AND FIFTH DAWN RARES THAT ARE ON MY WISHLIST!!!!

Re: I need help

You best bet is to post here. Once you post there, the Deckbox team can message them and suspend their trading until they resolve the current issues. Granted the other person should have sent the cards by now, but I would wait atleast til tomorrow or Wednesday before I open something there, only cause if they went out of town or something for the weekend,they might now have been able to check Deckbox for a few days.

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=56

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-09-09 20:35:44)

Relax and give it until the end of the week then open a BTR. Sometimes life happens and we can't always remember to check deckbox. I doubt he is trying to scam you out of $25 worth of cards. Something probably came up. Most of the deckbox users are 22+ with full time jobs and real life to worry about tongue

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Not to be a stickler, but the Deckbox trading rules stipulate that you allow up to two weeks for shipping before filing a BTR.  That aside, relax a bit.  I know it can be nerve racking to ship out $20+ worth of cards in the mail with no guarantee that you'll be getting your agreed compensation in return, but alas, such are the perils of online trading. 

If the person has a high enough trade rating (more than 10) then I would imagine that, as UnstableFlux said, something probably just popped up.  Leave them a message in the trade box and feel free to privately message them, but again, just relax and let things play out.  If after two weeks you still don't have anything and the user doesn't respond, then you can go ahead with posting a BTR.

Thank you all i will wait until i do anything. The user has perfect feedback and nothing like this before but im just thinking that life happened. Until then ill just wait then. I dont want to give a bad trader report if i dont have to cuz that can hurt

I WANT YOUR MIRRODIN, DARKSTEEL AND FIFTH DAWN RARES THAT ARE ON MY WISHLIST!!!!

It can hurt greatly, but it is simply a fact of trading online.

The best thing you can do is make sure you track your packages, and if someone scams you file the necessary stuff here. You can also pursue someone for mail fraud, but you will need to be able to prove you mailed things to them & that they were delivered (tracking).

For that reason alone, I always track stuff over 10$.

Even with my feedback, I have people who are cautious about trading. I can completely understand their viewpoint, because I was in the same shoes. The best thing you can do is trust the system, be prudent, and be vigilant.

I wouldn't fret yet though. Its still within the reasonable frame of delay.
It wouldn't hurt to send him a message (I'm sure you have already, so disregard if so) asking what's going on.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Thank you so much i sent another email to let him know~!

Sure thing man, as long as you're not like OHHMYGOD WRU?!?!?!?!, I don't see how someone can get upset at a reasonable request.

Best of luck ^_^ Feel free to hit me up for a trade if you need more stuff.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Okay thanks you

Two things I wanted to add to this thread:

1) First, I think the sound advice and level-headedness of the folks who've responded to woodmster123 is awesome. I've seen a number of scam topics over the past few months and it's refreshing to see some practical and thoughtful replies here vs. a torch-and-pitchfork mob. UnstableFlux is very correct when they say that folks have busy lives and can't always make Deckbox their top priority. That said, communication in the trade panel is critical for everyone. It sounds like you're doing your part, woodmster123.

2) Track, track, track. I realize that tracking alone can't compensate for lost cards, but, as Vincentarasin pointed out, it's leverage to your benefit for any potential disputes. I always send packages with tracking for any trade over $8-10, more for my own peace of mind, but also as a convenience to the other trader. As others have stated to better effect in other threads, PayPal's USPS shipping labels (paypay.com/shipnow) are my go-to for tracking packages in the U.S.

HTH

brightmatrix wrote:

2) Track, track, track. I realize that tracking alone can't compensate for lost cards, but, as Vincentarasin pointed out, it's leverage to your benefit for any potential disputes. I always send packages with tracking for any trade over $8-10, more for my own peace of mind, but also as a convenience to the other trader. As others have stated to better effect in other threads, PayPal's USPS shipping labels (paypay.com/shipnow) are my go-to for tracking packages in the U.S.

HTH

For $1.70 you can get a shipping label for I think up-to 3oz with tracking for USPS via paypal, always worth it!

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

okay thanks so much guys!