Re: Trading Rules Discussion: Fake cards

THUNDERFLUSH wrote:

With all due respect, I do not think Pwyll or ColtonisWright should be involved in this conversation.  I had a bad trade ($25) over a month ago and I'm still cheesed off about it.  If it was over power I'd be livid until I was moved into a nursing home against my will (then I'd have other things to be pissed about).

http://www.apathyhouse.com/fake/index.php

This seems like a good guide to know about as they give examples of the different tests with images, what to look for and why the tests work. 

TheWaddledeeKing, while there are tests to be performed, what if you (playing the innocent) and I (playing the villain) do a trade; my mox pearl for your mox ruby.  I then take a fake mox pearl that I printed myself and post pictures of it failing tests.

The above scenario seems unlikely but I guess I could see where it's possible.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the site needs any further modification of the trade rules.  Simply put, I wouldn't be trading for power cards online... I mean if you're worried you might get scammed, then only get them in person.  How hard is that?
"Thus, deckbox mods, I have shown that Thewaddledeeking is a nefarious scammer and should be tarred and feathered, etc."

Do the mods make us unwind the trade?  You get back a slightly smudged and bent mox pearl and whatever negative repercussions the mod think up while I increase my moxen count for a song and dance and you're none the wiser. 

This could also allow for people to unwind trades if they change their mind past the point of no return. 

I don't think the mods can design a comprehensive feature or rule to get all cases of this (admittedly rare) situation.