Topic: Question about not being held responsible for items lost in the mail.

I'm starting to see more and more people with something like this in their profile:  "I can't be held responsible for what the Post Office does with the mail."  Basically saying they aren't taking any responsibility if cards get lost/destroyed.  Doesn't Deckbox's terms and conditions supersede anything people write for their own "terms"

2.2. Sending cards

The sender is responsible for getting the cards to the destination
    The sender will be held accountable for items lost in the mail if a form of tracking was not used. Proof of sending is not sufficient
    Senders cannot be held responsible for loss of packages after delivery has been proven.
    If a problem has occurred, please resend your part of the deal, return the cards you received (if applicable), or make appropriate monetary restitution (the parties involved can decide on which one of these options is best)
    For larger value trades consider using insurance

So if they (people with their own "Terms" regarding lost mail) mail cards with Delivery Confirmation, and the mail gets lost, per deckbox rules they have to return the cards you sent to them. Correct?  So what's the point of them even mentioning it in their profile?

Re: Question about not being held responsible for items lost in the mail.

According to Deckbox rules:

1. General

1.1 By performing trades on deckbox you agree to abide by all following rules and to not bring legal action against Deckbox or its staff for any reason.

Therefore, traders cannot override Deckbox rules.

I would assume that that is an attempt to get themselves out of any issues when trading with those that have not fully read the rules. Granted, it is still against the rules of the site, but if trader B doesn't know that, they won't try to take any action for it. I'd think twice before trading with someone who has that posted, because they either havent read the site rules themselves, or are willing to rip you off (ie not send things and claim that they have been sent, claim that they didn't get your cards when they actually have, etc) at any given point.

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

ya, i just thought it odd.  Some of the people with that in their profiles have A LOT of trades.  So it's not like they were new or anything.