Topic: 3 player edh duel deck challenge

Hello everyone, I have been a long time magic player and I have just gotten 2 friends into the game. We play usually once a week and we use my decks I have made or bought. They have both expressed interest in having their own decks, and learning edh. Therefore I want to get each of them and myself a commander deck. But I do not want one to be way better than the rest, imbalance, or broken. So my request is for any commanders, deck ideas, or full lists for three edh decks that will play well together and be around 60 bucks a piece budget wise.

Tl;dr :
I am challenging you to create 3 edh decks that will pay well together without being cheap In a similar fashion to duel decks, all for under 150 dollars for the whole 300 cards

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Re: 3 player edh duel deck challenge

Its kinda the easy answer but I would suggest each one of you buy the new commander decks that are coming out.

A. They are 25-30 each so that falls well within your budget per player

B. Being that they are all precontructed, they are all somewhat nerfed in power level so no one is going to be heads and shoulders stronger than the other 2.

C. They are the best way to get started in both learning EDH and getting a deck started. Once you learn how each deck plays it makes it easier to see what you can look to add and trade for.

If your looking for deck ideas feel free to check my profile. Something I try to do with all my decks (I usually have about 12 built at time) is to make sure no one deck runs the same "staples" as another. Some staples you just have to run in certain colors, ie Path to exile & Cultivate, but its makes things a little more changing to not always run the best cards. It makes things more fun and tones down your deck.

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-10-23 22:14:23)

Yeah, I looked at that. And if worst come to worse, I'll do that, I just kind of like the idea of having something unique. But since neither of them cares much about making a deck, that may be my best option. Thanks for the response!

Oh, if you have a chance and would want to check out my profile.I have budget wrexial, borybirgymos, and thraxmundar decks. And if you could let me know what ya think I would appreciate. Because those are the decks I am considering.

I love this challenge. I have made close to 400 edh decks. But have obviously not uploaded all of them. To stay budget I would suggest the following, avoid more than 2 color decks, mono colored is probably better
it saves money on the mana base
as well if I may ask, what colors do you and your friends prefer to play. If your looking to make 3 new decks mind as well play your favorite color combination. If you get back to me with the colors they like I'm more than sure I've got a budget deck that would suit your bill here.

I love orzhov and dimir. My friends like red green (forget the guild) and black green. Selesnya is a favorite as well as rakdos. Basically if it includes black or green, we are happy. Lol. Also I am really in live with the idea of a zombie deck. And if you have anything with wrexial or thraximindar, I would alleviate it. Thanks for your time and response!

Ok, so I will have three decks for you in a few days. I need to look at what I have which can take a bit. Umm so what I'm probably going to give you is a mono black zombie. A blue green deck, and either a white,red,or white/red deck. Just to cover all colors in a game and give you some that you like.

Hey tav2smart4u, any progress? Not to rush. Once again. I appreciate it.

Ok so I have a blue green list with prime speaker zegana as the commander. Its a modified version of the deck I use. I also have a mono black edh with mikaeus as the general. Yay zombie tribal. I will upload the lists tomorrow after I finish getting them on deckbox. I'm still in need of a third. So if you pick a general or a color combo I can make it.

You are seriously the best. If it would bee possible to do a  tesya whatever her name is. The one that makes spirit tokens. I already have her. If not, wrexial or the anima or mimeoplasm.  Any of those. Thanks.

Any progress?