Topic: Looking for Myr Tokens and Kozilek; Have: Tradelist

Currently looking to acquire a few more of these myr tokens and value them about $2.50 each (trade only).

http://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=244&download=0

I also would like a Kozilek, Butcher of Truth and possibly a Marit Lage Token too. 

Thanks everyone for the trades so far!

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-12-02 20:17:18)

Post's attachments

myr_mir.jpg 13.85 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Looking for Myr Tokens and Kozilek; Have: Tradelist

If you're willing to work a deal with a Canadian, I'll happily propose a trade with you.  Found a few cards not on my wishlist and am sure we can come to an agreement.  I can also provide an extra playset or two of Darksteel Citadel for future decks, since you say you love it and I have over 50 of them (bought a LOT of Darksteel back in the day tongue ).  Let me know and I'll work up an offer smile

the_wizard_666 wrote:

If you're willing to work a deal with a Canadian, I'll happily propose a trade with you.  Found a few cards not on my wishlist and am sure we can come to an agreement.  I can also provide an extra playset or two of Darksteel Citadel for future decks, since you say you love it and I have over 50 of them (bought a LOT of Darksteel back in the day tongue ).  Let me know and I'll work up an offer smile

I have nothing against Canadians, but I have to be a bit picky about trades to Canada.  Generally if I'm trading to Canada I like for the trade to be $10-20.  Under $10 and it's not worth it to send, over $20 and you may have to pay import/customs fees or taxes.  (There's some wiggle room on the 'value' here since it all depends on what's on the Customs form, i.e. TCG Low value could be used).  If it's more than a couple of cards it's going to cost me $6 to ship, but I don't want to trade down a $15 card for a pile of $1 cards either.  Ideally I can do small stuff for small stuff as long as it's cheaper to trade than it is to buy the things. 

There's a trade on my completed list called "Small Trade to Canada", which is a good example, a bunch of small low value cards that I don't think I'll ever use for a bunch of small low value cards that I can put in decks.  I think it cost me $5-$6 to ship, but the total value was $12, and the cost to buy the things using the optimize tool on TCG Player was around $10.  Still not a major savings over just buying the cards, but what I was giving up was not useful to me at all, and the person I was trading with was trying to complete sets.

So yeah, I'll trade to Canada, but I may be more picky about it.

Yeah, I wasn't looking at anything worth more than around $2-3 anyway, so the value would be there.  Also, if the cards are small enough to be loaded in a regular envelope and be sent via letter mail, you don't even need to worry about filling out customs documents, and it's under $3 to ship (albeit without tracking...although there's probably an option for that too).  Obviously you would use hard sleeves to protect them, but you can get a good number of them into an oversize envelope.  Bubble envelopes are overkill, since they won't prevent bending and just make the package thicker, which could end up making the envelope thicker than the little slot they use to determine if it will go letter mail or not.  Anyway, I'll propose a trade when I get home from work and we'll go from there smile

the_wizard_666 wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't looking at anything worth more than around $2-3 anyway, so the value would be there.  Also, if the cards are small enough to be loaded in a regular envelope and be sent via letter mail, you don't even need to worry about filling out customs documents, and it's under $3 to ship (albeit without tracking...although there's probably an option for that too).  Obviously you would use hard sleeves to protect them, but you can get a good number of them into an oversize envelope.  Bubble envelopes are overkill, since they won't prevent bending and just make the package thicker, which could end up making the envelope thicker than the little slot they use to determine if it will go letter mail or not.  Anyway, I'll propose a trade when I get home from work and we'll go from there smile

Sounds good.  smile  I do use PWEs (plain white envelopes) when I can.  But if something is thicker than 2-3 top loaders there's too much of a risk of it getting caught even if you mark it non-machinable. I've had an envelope that fit through that little slot they use still get ripped to shreds before reaching the destination.  This was domestic, using a $0.66 stamp, marking it non-machinable and handing it to the guy in the post office and telling him it was non-machinable.  He checked it with the slot, said it was good to go, but then only half the envelope made it. 

A letter to canada is just over $1 to send, but agreeing on a letter sized trade is the problem.  (I get uncomfortable when more than a few cards are in a PWE).  Also with international trades, I can't buy the postage through PayPal, so I either have to go to USPS.com and get it, or go to the post office.  I have various methods of packaging depending mostly on the thickness.  The bubble envelope isn't so much for physical protection of the cards as it is just to let the post office know that it's a package, not a letter, so they will treat it as such.  I still use top loaders regardless of whether it is in a PWE or bubble envelope.  I have not tried to send an 'over sized' envelope, so I don't know how much that costs, but if I go to the post office to mail a 'package' they always make me fill out the customs forms regardless of the weight or how little I say it's worth.  I'll look into the oversized envelope suggestion and see if it's any cheaper.  I would think that it may be possible to fit multiple stacks of cards in an over sized envelope to reduce the overall thickness.

Bump.  Working on a trade with the_wizard, but there are a number of things I still need.

Bump, the_wizard hasn't been online in a while (over a week), and I'd prefer to keep the trade in the US anyway.  Does anyone else have any of the cards I'm looking for?

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-19 01:17:02)

Bump, bought the last of the myr I needed, but still looking for more myr tokens.  I updated the first post with an image of the ones I want. 

Thanks.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-21 21:12:23)

I've managed to pick up 5 of these myr tokens in trades, but I know there are more of them out there.  Keep them coming please. smile