Topic: How do I report a trader on here?

I've been dealing with this one guy who has 145 positive feedback, thinking he was going to be cool to trade with but I was wrong.  I sent my cards on the 30th of last month,(https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114901159818454964072) he has received them, I asked plenty of times if he could send them.  he hasn't.  They arrive and he's complaining about every single thing.  I honestly have no idea how anyone could be okay with trading with him.  He's by far the most unpleasant person I've dealt with on here.  His communication lacks and he's acting like these $17 value in total cards are dual lands.

I may have accidentally marked a $2 card from revised as NM.  That was my fault sure, I admit to that.  I was new to the system.  He also has 4 cards that were not marked anything at all.  So I have no idea if they're damaged or not.  I just wanted the cards to play the game.

This is the guy in question.  Is there anything I can do?  he has received the cards 2 days ago and still hasn't sent out.  He refused to send out cards after I sent mine out.  And said he asked me to send first.  I did, I gave him my tracking number.  Then he said, he wasn't going to send out until they arrived.  Which is not at all the same as saying sending first. 

"TKNODIABLOMTG    Since it looks like your pretty new to the site can I please ask you to send first?"   

I only wanted one of his cards for a tournament to play 2 days before my heart surgery.  I wasn't able to go to that tournament because I didn't have the card and kept hoping he would send it so I wasn't able to get another one in time.  I'm not able to go out and play for at least another week or two until I'm closer to being healed.  Because I'm really susceptible to infection now.  So not only did I lose my cards, I the opportunity to play a game I love and I worse of all, I wasted a lot of my time.

http://deckbox.org/users/TKNODIABLOMTG

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-18 23:26:40)

Re: How do I report a trader on here?

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=56
You can request to leave negative feedback at the link.

Just so you know, when people say they'd like you to send first, that does indeed mean that they are going to wait until they receive your cards before sending theirs. The idea is that since you don't have much rep, you might just be looking to scam someone. Yoou could easily send someone an empty envelope with a tracking number, and if they didn't wait to get it, they'd be SOL. Also, regardless of you sending on the 30th, the cards arrived on the 16th according to tracking. I have no idea why it took so long, but it did, and that isn't his fault. He should send his cards out soon, and if he has an issue with the condition of your cards, that's something you need to work out with him, since you did list it as NM.

Syonide wrote:

Just so you know, when people say they'd like you to send first, that does indeed mean that they are going to wait until they receive your cards before sending theirs. The idea is that since you don't have much rep, you might just be looking to scam someone. Yoou could easily send someone an empty envelope with a tracking number, and if they didn't wait to get it, they'd be SOL. Also, regardless of you sending on the 30th, the cards arrived on the 16th according to tracking. I have no idea why it took so long, but it did, and that isn't his fault. He should send his cards out soon, and if he has an issue with the condition of your cards, that's something you need to work out with him, since you did list it as NM.

The thing is, when someone says 'send' all it implies is that they left.  As he said, I was new, so why would I assume based on that phrasing that send meant, I'll send and receive it first.   He should have stated he wanted to receive the cards first, not that I send them first. I would have never agreed to that seeing as it may have taken too long.

It's 7pm in Brooklyn, He got them on the 16th.  And still hasn't sent them.  Them getting there on the 16th was not my fault either.  However, they did arrive, while his, still have not even been sent.

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-18 23:55:40)

Rocturnal wrote:

The thing is, when someone says 'send' all it implies is that they left.  As he said, I was new, so why would I assume based on that phrasing that send meant, I'll send and receive it first.  I would have never agreed to that seeing as it may have taken too long.

It's 7pm in Brooklyn, He got them on the 16th.  And still hasn't sent them.  Them getting there on the 16th was not my fault either.  However, they did arrive, while his, still have not even been sent.

Last edited by Rocturnal (Today 23:55:40)

While it's unfortunate that you misunderstood what was meant, that's all it is, a miss-understanding. When I was new I took the implications of "send first" to mean that I would be waiting for the other person to receive my cards before they sent their cards, again, why would it mean anything else? If all they wanted was a tracking number, that is of no value to them if the tracking number is a empty envelope. As with all other trading things, sending first or going first implies that you are going to remove any risk from the more experienced party by letting them get your side of the trade first before they give you anything.

Really, you have no grounds for a bad trader report. You missunderstood something, but unless he doesn't send you any cards, there's nothing you can really be upset about. If anything, he has grounds for filing a report against you since you miss marked the condition of a card. It's unlikely he will, but it could happen.

It sucks that you didn't get to play in whatever tournament, but that's life. Deal with it and move on.

As for the edit I just saw you added, unless he said he would send immediately, you have to give him a chance. It's generally accepted that someone will send their part of the trade as soon as they can. People have busy lives, maybe he's been away from his house or something. Nobody knows. If you wanted cards by a specific date you should have just bought them from a vendor and paid for next day air shipping. Otherwise you take what you get when trading with someone. Also if he has an issue with the conditions of your cards that you miss marked, he is well within his right to figure out some sort of compensation before sending his cards.

Last edited by Syonide (2013-12-19 00:01:34)

Syonide pretty much sums it up pretty well. However it will be looked at and sorted out in the BTR.

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16301

Interesting, so as long as I don't tell them I'm going to send it out immediately.  I can just wait weeks to send cards out.  Good to know I guess.  And I'll remove all quality marks even though NM is the default one just like the other guy does.  Since as long as I don't have what the quality of the card is, that's fine.  Oh, and I can just tell people to 'send' things.  And that means, I can wait however long I want to 'send' anything to them.

Last edited by Rocturnal (2013-12-19 02:49:00)

Rocturnal wrote:

Interesting, so as long as I don't tell them I'm going to send it out immediately.  I can just wait weeks to send cards out.  Good to know I guess.  And I'll remove all quality marks even though NM is the default one just like the other guy does.  Since as long as I don't have what the quality of the card is, that's fine.  Oh, and I can just tell people to 'send' things.  And that means, I can wait however long I want to 'send' anything to them.

It is more that you have very little feedback, this is common practice. I ask people all the time to send first its not a big deal when one person has significantly more feedback. As far as card condition I note all cards that aren't near mint or at least try to note them, just a courtesy.

Yeah, those whopping $17 value trades.  I can see why he was so worried.  I bet the guy spends more money drinking coffee and eating bagels in two days then that.  Totally not worth my trouble.  I'm never going to agree to 'send' to someone first again because of this whole incident.  I've dealt with lots of people just fine so far going at the same time.

Rocturnal wrote:

Yeah, those whopping $17 value trades.  I can see why he was so worried.  I bet the guy spends more money drinking coffee and eating bagels in two days then that.  Totally not worth my trouble.  I'm never going to agree to 'send' to someone first again because of this whole incident.  I've dealt with lots of people just fine so far going at the same time.

Look, going off on a rant on the forums isn't the way to garner sympathy.  Take your lumps, learn from the experience, and move on.

I was just scammed by a guy with 80+ feedback.  So I just don't send first anymore regardless of feedback.  Seriously, feedback here means precisely dick to me until this site has some better way of enforcing honesty.

You are being extremely impatient and rude. Whether or not you misunderstood is irrelevant at this point. The trading process on here is about courtesy and trust, you were asked to send first because you're new and you are supposed to do so in good faith that he'd honor your trade regardless of when cards arrive. He isn't obligated to send his cards the moment after your cards arrived either, he has a life too. Your complaining on here is a waste of time when it was your mistaken misunderstanding and your impatience causing your problems.

Selling anything and everything on any of my lists

I have closed this. The public forums are not a place for this. There is the Bad Traders forum for issues like this and they will be handled there.

BTR Forum: http://deckbox.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=56

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself