Topic: Hi everyone, just signed up and have a question...

I just found this site last night and just started putting in some of my cards to inventory for myself.

I found a couple of card values that I think -have- to be a mistake. Does anyone know how it actually pulls card values for cards?

I'd love to have a 11 $70 ice age plains but I don't see that being very realistic. smile

(also, $150 bucks for an alpha demonic attorney, or 100 for a mana crypt)

Really curious what the deal is with this. Otherwise, have to say I love this thing, first time I've ever tried to inventory my cards. This will take a while.

Re: Hi everyone, just signed up and have a question...

So the pricing of various cards is tied to the TCGPlayer median price which will sometimes be skewed due to special signed copies and whatnot that are REALLY pricey.  For the most part the site is spot on with the value of cards, but sometimes you will observe a blip here or there in response to something strange (whether it be a super special edition/signed version of a card or a typo on one site's pricing).

Wow, that is pretty amazing then. smile
I have to say I'm a bit shocked.

I've been playing since early revised, then took a decade+ break hahah. This could be interesting!

I'm actually in the exact same boat... Revised through the start of Mirage and took a break until Avacyn Restored.  I almost crapped my pants when I saw that Force of Will runs $60+ these days and the original dual lands are almost all $100+.

I don't know if I have force of will, but I do have 1 lonely tiaga! smile

This is going to take WEEKS to put all these cards in hahah... it seems to be about an hour per 100. But, just like I felt 20 years ago pulling packs and looking at all the cards, I feel all excited when I see the old ones I remember playing with back in middle school (I'm 33 now).

memories eh... smile

If you group all of your cards together, you can do a mass-input by going up to the top right corner, and where it says 'import' is a drop down menu that has an option for card list. Then you can just enter the card name and how many of that card you have.

May not be as effective for you who may have several copies of the same card from different sets, but it's an option all the same.

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

Yep I thought about that, but if I'm going to do this I might as well list the editions too.

I have quite a few scattered throughout all the revised/4th/etc...  that are the same card, but the problem is they are randomly mixed in with all the other of the same color, so I pretty much just go card by card anyway.

That's what I get for being a kid and throwing them into a card box smile

At least I kept them separated by color!

The alpha Demonic Attorney is worth a lot because someone is hoarding them.  There are a few people that have picked a card and then try to get a significant percentage of the print run from alpha for that card.  If it weren't for that it would probably be worth $10 to $15.

The Mana Crypt is worth a lot because of Commander.

Hey that's cool with me, I have no need for the attorney. smile

This is really interesting, I love this whole site, makes me feel like a kid again. I cant be the only one!

(Oh, and I guess I wanted to do the same thing with a card... I have about 30 plague rats! hahaha)

Last edited by mistermog (2013-12-18 04:16:14)

mistermog wrote:

Hey that's cool with me, I have no need for the attorney. smile

I'll send a message to the guy who collects them and let him know.

hahah, let 'the guy' know. That's just funny. I don't picture there being 'named' collections like books or cars with these things.

One thing I've found that when entering cards is that it's usually easiest to not start at the beginning of the card's name.  For example (random example off the top of my head), punching in "Wrath of God"..  Start punching in Wrath and you'll probably bring up a list of cards, but just type in "th of go" and there will only be one match.

good tip thanks!

Is there a way to filter out different languages? For example somehow I ended up with a handful of French 4th edition cards. I put them in here, and not sure if I should take them out, as it seems to confuse the whole system.

Basically, is there a way to sort by physical characteristics like language, quantity owned, marked for trade only etc.. instead of just card text or types?

Last edited by mistermog (2013-12-19 01:21:47)

There does not appear to be either a way to search by language or to sort by language.  I'd suggest just go through page by page and look for the flag.  At that point, click on the edit box (at the end of the field with the card name) and in that box change the flag and hit apply.

No I didn't put them in wrong, they really are French.

Im just wondering if theres a way to search by real life tangible factors. Is there a way to suggest that capability to whoever made this maybe?

The Site Discussion and Feedback forum would be where to suggest that feature.

And yeah, there's a lot of people that deal in foreign cards, but the only way to input the fact that they are foreign is to do it one by one while entering them. There isn't a way to filter by language, as far as i'm aware.

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

I took them out, it seemed too much of a hassle to keep them in. I had them all set for trade and anyone that needed those cards in English showed up on my trade opportunities, which...  isn't the right card! sad

I will go over and suggest that, Im sure it wont be the first time.

(number owned would be MUCH more useful too)

Having been looking at it for a few days, the other way that the price average seems to be limited, is in rare/unusual stuff that doesn't seem to get traded much so they have almost no data to work with.

As far as entering goes, I tried it by hand for a bit, then gave up, found and downloaded set-lists in CSV format. I'm a bit OCD, but sorting them by set, then adding numbers to a spreadsheet, then uploading from that, made things so much easier (but it still takes forever)