Topic: Zen Forest 248..

so i picked up a few zen lands today got home went to sleeve the forest i got (love 248 btw smile and i notice the text is differnet than my other copies... hmm when u lookk at it it has the plain text w/ a shadow under the regular text...
am i just seeing things was this an earlier print or did it jus get messed up (i mean the card is in good cond. wouldnt even call it LP)
has anyone else noticed this with other ones?
i will upload a scan in a min

Re: Zen Forest 248..

scanner not working but tried to take a pic of it beside a normal 248

Post's attachments

0113141734.jpg 714.74 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

bottom of card text pic
honestly i think its more noticeable in person but smile

Last edited by Eliterawr (2014-01-13 22:42:58)

Post's attachments

0113141734a.jpg 941.4 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Is that the only place on the card that has a drop shadow?

Yep, that's just a printing error. I have a godless shrine (GTC) with the same issue.

Ever smack a printer while it's working? I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I see it on a lot of cards through my time playing. You don't really notice it until you go to sleeve it though.

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

Yeah thats what it looks like they bumped the machine mid print
But yeah its only the text i think ill double check the rest

The interesting thing is if they had bumped the machine you would think all the black would be offset like that.  Unless they did a seperate printing for the text which would be a bit strange.

I work for a printing company we don't do anything as fancy as magic cards, but that double image seems weird to me.

I believe that the cards are printed in layers, with the borders going on first, then art, then text. That's pretty much the order of rarity in printing errors that i've seen.

That's also the effect that happens when there's too much ink on a stamp, though I'm fairly certain that stamp printing ended quite a while ago...

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

Looks like a print head out of alignment, pretty common misprint.