Topic: Undying Commander---maybe

my friend wanted me to play commander so i threw something together starttedlooking for a commander and i found mikaeus the unhollowed, thought hmm this might be fun...
and so here we are
lemme know what u think
http://deckbox.org/sets/590632

Re: Undying Commander---maybe

I'll take a more in-depth look here in a bit, but the one card I noticed was missing was Triskelion.  It pairs with Mikaeus to offer a non-stop, one-sided board wipe in your favor.  You just remove the counters, other stuff gets zapped, it dies, comes back with four counters, rinse and repeat.  Outside of indestructible and hexproof creatures, it will single-handedly wipe their side of the board.

yeah he'll be in it once i can get one, these are cards i had an friends are letting me borrow/trading for
yeah the loop he has in nice smile

Some things I can think of off the top of my head:

Lands:
Cabal Coffers
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
Deserted Temple
Thawing Glaciers
Phyrexian Tower
Strip Mine

Mess with counters:
Hex Parasite - (edit: I saw this guy is in the deck notes)
Black Sun's Zenith
Vampire Hexmage

Trigger on creatures dying:
Ogre Slumlord

Sac outlet/Control
Gate to Phyrexia
Braids, Cabal Minion
Sheoldred, Whispering One
Phyrexian Altar
Ashnod's Altar
Grave Pact
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed (The judge version is "affordable")

Edit: in response to Triskelion, it hits players too.  The only reason not to include it is if you think it's a cheesy combo.

One last edit:  How often do you cast Baleful Force? Seems strong, but eight mana is a lot.  Wouldn't you prefer Sheoldred, Whispering One (7 mana triggers something every upkeep) or Bloodgift Demon (similar but less powerful effect @ 5 mana)?

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-01-29 15:50:18)

i actually picked up some of that lol looking for cabal atm
ive been looking at the other high mana cost BAM (big *** monster), i cast him pretty frequently, the card draw is good but iver seen others i could use for a mana or two less hes just what i had atm
but today i picked up:
hex
gravedigger*F
Mind shatter
hecatomb*White Border fancy lol
midnight banshee
drana, Kalastria bloodchief
painful quandary
life's finale
Hero's demise
diabolic revelation
bad moon *was borrowing but traded for my own
animate dead *white border 1 more mana and a -1 for another copy of reanimate ok lol
gilded lotus*own copy
hypnotic specter
lashwrithe
harvester of souls
exquisite blood*my own copy
Mikaeus, the unhollowed*own copy
Grave Pact
Nirkana reverant*excited about this one
abyssal persecutor*own copy
Liliana vess

but yeah still missing somethings but idk if all of these will make it in but a good % of them will espec, lili animate and nirk
Born of the Gods card coming in will be Drown in sorrow(probably replace my infest), eater of hope(for the undying part seems ok not amazing but ok), FATED RETURN will definately be coming in high cost spell but griselbrand indestructible lol but along with this ill be running Champion of Stray Souls(sac undying creatures gain giant creatures plus beefed up creatures?, Gild,  gorgons head or springleaf is a maybe