Topic: Suggestions for Infect Deck- MTG

Is there anything I should add or take out of this deck?

http://deckbox.org/sets/589273

Re: Suggestions for Infect Deck- MTG

It's hard to answer that question without knowing more about how you like to play.  I know many who run faster Infect decks with Glistener Elf and Mutagenic Growth. Tell us more about how you envision it playing out, and how you want to win, and you might get more feedback.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Take out all the high costing cards throw more instant buffs and use 4 Wild Defiance. smile Wild Defiance would be the main focus because it stops alot of red burn and it beefs up all your creatures +3+3 more ontop of your normal buff spells. so Giant growth would pump it +6+6 instead of 3. That way you can run cheaper costing creatures with infect.

I would run more Inkmoth too and maybe some cycling lands so you can draw cards faster. Infect decks usually have to be played like your playing a red deck. Real fast without worrying about your own life total. You can also run cards like infiltration lens to draw cards when you do damage and livewire lash. so when your spells target your creature you can give your opponent 2 poison counters without having to attack.

Rancor would also be a wonderful tool.

My version of infect is also played like a burn deck.  Hit them hard and fast.  Life totals don't matter, and personally I think even Wild Defiance is too slow, but then again my deck may be a bit of a glass cannon. 

Here is my list if you're interested.  I would say that the only thing I'd change about mine would be adding in some inkmoth nexus, but I only have 4 and they are in another deck.  Turn two or turn 3 wins definitely happen. 

You should use the most efficient pump possible.  Cards that are absolutely crucial are:

Rancor Trample.  It also comes back if they kill your creature.
Invigorate = Four free poison counters!  (Remember life totals don't matter)
Ichorclaw Myr - Give it rancor, and watch your opponent squirm.
Vines of Vastwood - Protects your guys from burn and pumps!

Cards you are running that I would take out:
Forced Adaptation - This is way too slow
Golden Urn - What is this even doing in here?
Darksteel Plate
Pistus Strike (at least reduce the number of these.  If you're being aggressive enough they will have to block you with their fliers).
Decimator Web - Contagion Clasp and Contagion Engine are both better

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-02-08 14:35:07)